SIXTEEN

That morning was an utter disaster.

After seeing the damage Sophie had done to Dex—his nose was a little swollen and he had a band aid over it—things got worse.

During Algebra Sophie had spitballs being shot in her hair, in art she had to change her clothes because someone decided to accidentally spill paint all over her, at lunch her chair had been pulled from under her as she'd tried to sit down, in Theater class she kept getting tripped, at gym she was continuously being aimed at during the dodge-ball game, in physics she poured the wrong mixture into the bottle—but that was just her own fault, and now she was in study hall—hoping the day would hurry up and end.

As Sophie plopped down in her chair, she realized her friends didn't look any better than she probably did.

Biana's hair—instead of being perfectly brushed—was filled with rats nests' and her outfit had ketchup stains all over it.

Maruca's nails were chipped and ugly and her shoes were covered with some goop. She looked like she'd spent the past few minutes trying to get gum out of her hair.

Keefe's hair had paint frosting it and his batman hoodie probably would have to get replaced. It had a burn hole in it and he had a wrap around his forearm.

Fitz didn't look as bad as everyone else, but his hair looked a little blue, his clothes were dusted green and the bottom of his pants had rips.

"Let me guess," Sophie said. "You all got mysteriously attacked too?"

Everyone answered "yes," and Sophie sighed. "I'm pretty sure I know who it is—but I really don't want to think about it,"

"Oh I want to think about it," Biana said, crossing her arms. "They ruined my hair!"

"And mine," Fitz, Keefe, and Maruca said at the same time. "And no one," Keefe said. "Touches the hair,"

"That's why we've decided to get revenge," Fitz said. "They've gone way too far and now we have to make them pay,"

"But, you see," Sophie started. "This is all kind of my fault. I got into the argument with Dex and I hit him in the nose yesterday,"

"What?!" Maruca and Keefe said at the same time.

Sophie bit her lip while Biana explained what had happened at the mall yesterday. "And that's why his nose is all swollen," She finished.

"Wow Foster," Keefe said. "Who knew you could be so brutal,"

"I don't like Gordy the Clown," She mumbled to herself.

Keefe looked like he was about to ask who that was, but Fitz cut him off. "Anyway," He said, pulling out a sheet of paper. "I already have some ideas, but I need some more."

§§§

As the weeks went by, more pranks and tortures were being played by the Popular Clique and the Greek Group. Everyday there was always something new that was happening to each group.

For example: Yesterday, Sophie and Biana had to help Keefe get slime out of his hair.

It wasn't that Sophie wanted to do this, but she couldn't exactly stop it because her friends would usually say something like, "This is to pay back for all they've done to us—but mostly to honor Sophie,"

So she couldn't tell them she wanted them to end this Crazy Clique War—it was either prank or be pranked.

At the end of announcements that day, Dame Alina said something no one had expected to ever hear. "Oh—and there's one more announcement before I dismiss you to your classes. I need Fitz and Biana Vacker to meet me in my office at this moment. I hope you all have a wonderful day. Bye-bye!"