TWENTY-FIVE

"Tonight's going to be a little weird," Sophie told Biana as they got their stuff out of their locker and made their way to room 501—where they were to be tortured while everyone else was going home and getting ready for the Winter Gala.

"You bet," Biana said, walking beside of her. "Hey—I have a question,"

Sophie looked at her. "What?"

"What's up with you and Keefe?" She asked. "Usually you guys talk to each other—today you didn't,"

Sophie's face turned red. "Um...something weird happened this morning..."

"What?"

"Do you really want to know?"

"Yes,"

Sophie sighed before saying. "So me and Keefe live across from each other, and I thought it'd be cool to tell him good morning from my window—but when I opened it, low and behold Keefe Sencen without a shirt on, so that was super awkward. Then he saw me and so I guess we're both really embarrassed,"

"Does he have a six-pack?"

"Yes," Sophie said, though she was surprised she even knew. And she was even more shocked that they were talking about shirtless-Keefe-Sencen!

"Nice," Biana said with a laugh. "I knew it,"

"Okay..." Sophie said, stopping in front of room 501. "You just have to promise me you won't tell anyone—it's really awkward,"

"Of course," Biana nodded. "I'll even try and get Keefe to talk—it's no fun when he stays silent,"

Sophie nodded before they both walked into the class room to find all of her other friends sitting there. "Hey guys—we're here,"

§§§

"Miss Foster," Sophie turned around and saw Dame Alina at the threshold of the door. "The gala is about to start—do you mind stepping outside with me?" She asked.

Sophie shook her head, getting up from the desk she was sitting in and walked outside the door with Dame Alina.

"Yes Ma'am?"

Dame Alina smiled at her. "I am pleased to say, Miss Foster, that you have honored the favor I asked of you. Sure there are still a few kinks to work out from both groups, but I wanted to let you know that you have done well. Because of that, I'm going to let you and your friends party with everyone else—you have twenty minutes to call your parents and ask them to bring you something to wear. If you do not dress in the appropriate attire, you will be asked to leave the party. Do you understand?"

"Yes ma'am," Sophie said, barely containing her joy. "Thank you,"

Dame Alina nodded at her before walking away.

Sophie ran into the class room and told her friends the news. "But we only have twenty minutes, so hurry up!"

Every one sprang into action, calling their parents and being exceptionally excited for the Gala.

In only ten minutes everyone's parents had arrived and had brought them all appropriate dress.

Everyone went to change in the bathrooms and thankfully Biana's mom had brought Biana her curling iron, so Biana did everyone's hair.

Sophie's mom had brought her a flowy purple dress that went to her ankles. She also had a pair of matching heals that Sophie hadn't seen since last year—but thankfully they still fit.