CH.52 Let it rain

Chapter 52

Gemma took careful steps down the wooden staircase as Ivar, the new head of the vikings, led them all down to his office. She was always mesmerized by how modernized the viking headquarters was. It always made her feel as if she was in a sleek spaceship.

"How are the babies?" Ivar, a tall man with copper hair and a bushy beard asked Exton and Gemma.

"They're good," Gemma smiled. "Getting heavy."

"Oh you should have seen my wife when she was pregnant with our fourth child," Ivar laughed. "She looked like she was carrying triplets!"

"How is Sage?" Exton asked.

"They're good," Ivar nodded.

Once the party arrived at the doors of Ivar's office, they watched as he scanned his palm and then his eyes.

"I have got to get myself one of those," Caspian whispered next to Exton.

"Why?" Exton wondered. "What can you possibly have that needs to be hidden like that?"

"My hats." Caspian said before following Gemma into the office. He placed the spell book in front of Ivar and took a seat in between Gemma and Exton.

"Can we switch?" Exton asked once he arrived next to the empty chair meant for him.

"What are you, five?" Caspian rolled his eyes.

"I like to sit next to my wife."

"So clingy," Caspian observed.

"Move."

"No."

"Stop it!" Gemma hissed at the two men next to her. "I will blast both of you back to Romania."

"He's in my seat," Exton complained.

"Exton," Gemma shook her head. "Grow up."

"Thank you," Caspian muttered.

Instead of taking a quiet seat, Exton picked up the chair and moved it over next to Gemma, making Caspian chuckle at his childishness. Gemma rolled her eyes as her husband settled into the spot next to her and took her hand. She thanked the gods for Ivar being focused on the text and not on the stupidity of her mate and his best friend.

"Hmmm," Ivar said after a while as he read the binding spell.

"So?" Caspian crossed on leg over the other. "Will it work?"

"I am 95% sure it will," Ivar said as he pondered over the text more.

"What about the other 5%?" Exton leaned forward.

Ivar shrugged, "As far as I know, something like this was never done before."

Gemma frowned as she gripped Exton's hand tightly.

"But," Ivar stroke his beard. "I don't see why it shouldn't work.....If we bind Exton to this realm, then by the law of the spell he should be stuck here."

Caspian took a long deep breath and looked over to Exon, "It's up to you.....do you wanna try it?"

Gemma kept her eyes low as she stared at the spell book. She could feel Exton watching her.

"What have I got to lose by trying?" Exton said, gripping Gemma's hands. "I get to stay with my family, Maksim gets to stay with Mavi and Owen....everyone wins."

"Except your entire kingdom," Caspian pointed out.

"I'm sorry, weren't you trying to convince me to stay just a few hours ago?"