> ILL ALWAYS FOLLOW

alexa.

one hour until we landed in los angelos, and the nerves had kicked in.

it's gonna be so awkward. i hardly like luke anyway, and him and my mom are forcing me to spend until i go back to school with him.

like what the fuck?

i really hope he doesn't think i'm going to absolutely adore him the second i step off the plane.

because that is not happening.

i haven't slept a second, i also can't get luke, mom and jack to stop bothering me.

hayley had kept texting me, telling me that they all miss me and hope to see me soon.

i throw my head back onto the seat, seeing the land down below. america looks pretty, but i know it's truly not.

my phone lights up, and my eye catches it.

mom.
do you have her yet??

douchebag.
not yet mom

alexa.
hour left

jacky
freaking out yet?

alexa.
fuck off

mom.
alexa georgia, watch your language.

benben.
wait what??? alexa is visiting luke?
and i didn't know?

alexa.
no one tells you anything ben

jack.
i miss you already.

douchebag.
you have her all the time shut up

alexa.
omg more people fighting over me

ah shit, i shouldn't have said that.

douchebag.
what?

mom.
alexa. you left ur skateboard.

good job at changing the subject, mom.

"sweets, can you put up your tray please?" the flight attendant asked. "we're about to land."

and the nerves kicked in. again.

i sent luke a quick text that i was landing, and prepared to face my brother for the first time in  a long, long time.

luke.

"do you think she hates me?" i ask, "and before you answer— answer honestly, si."

"i think . . . she will be upset you forced her to do this, but be accepting of it."

due to covid, we asked our fans to please not come to the airport because we didn't want to have contact with anyone.

luckily, they listened.

alexa
landed

i was jittery and nervous, but also tired.

it was late, me and sierra were exhausted from this past couple days trying to set everything up for her.

"she landed."

alexa.

i grabbed my overhead bag and my backpack— keeping my airpods in.

my hair was in a tight bun, my clear rimmed glasses sat on my face and my airpods were playing soft music.

by soft music, i mean rain noises.

i walked to the front of the plane and walked through the tunnel thing, and realized no fans were here— which was what i was nervous about.

and then i saw him.

the six foot two curly haired blonde, the one who was tall as fuck and my memory of my older brother.

"luke," i gave myself a smile, walking into his hug and feeling his embrace.

"alexa, gosh you smell." he mumbled into my hair, "you look tired too."

this felt so weird.

we broke the hug after a minute, and i gave sierra a hug as well.

"let's get out of here so one, we can text mom and two we can finally fucking sleep."

in the car, sierra sat beside me and asked me some questions so she could get me some stuff for this time i was here.

"okay so you love any kind of food? but you don't necessarily like chicken or meat that much but isn't a vegan?"

i nodded.

"got it, tomorrow we can go to the market and buy some of your favourite foods. how about that?"

"yes, that'll be perfect." i hummed, rubbing my eyes under my glasses.

"did you sleep at all on that plane?" luke asked.

"nope, not one bit. there was too much wind and a baby crying." i exhaled.

"okay well our guest bedroom is ready for sleep and there luckily is a bathroom attached, and it's all yours."

"this is your room," luke says, bringing me into the semi-decorated bedroom.

"holy shit, a bathroom attached? you're so rich, luke." i mumble, putting my bags down onto the floor.

"thank you, i think?"

"okay well, it's late so get some sleep. i'll leave you too it, love you lex."

and he left.

i sighed softly, putting my airpods back into their case and grabbing some pajamas out of the suitcase and very very quickly putting them on.

i crawl into the covers, turning off the lamp that was beside me and closing the blinds before completely laying down.

and soon enough, my sleepiness took over my body.