| Chapter Four |

Raelyn

When I pull away from our kiss, I decide to switch up the mood. It is still my birthday after all. "Now," I say patting my legs and standing up, taking his hands in mind. "Somebody promised me a trip to the waterfalls for my birthday." I grunt as I try and pull him up, making him laugh. Once he was standing with his six-foot stature, I stand on my tip toes to try and reach his ear, failing. "That somebody is you..." I whisper with a genuine smile.

"Well," he says straightening himself out. "You know you have to meet with Alpha Dylan in an hour, right? He agreed to noon." I growl at the mentioning of his name. "I know, I know. However, it has to be done for the protection of my pack. He is expecting you alone at the border, I will be just a few miles away outside of the wood's entrance," he says walking out of his office.

I am too focused on the face he specified his pack, he used to say it was ours. I did not pay much attention to the face that he said I was going alone. "Wait a minute!" I say catching up with his long strides. "Alone? No way, are you insane?" I begin to panic. "Drake, he is the cruelest Alpha in the world! Well, behind the Alpha of Rogues, I hear he's even worse, which is hard to imagine. If I show even an ounce of my temper while being alone with him, he is sure to hurt me with no one to protect me." How am I supposed to keep my sassy wolf in? This is probably a trap, and Drake is falling for it. Dylan wants to hurt me.

"He said it is between you and him. I am sorry babe, let's go eat and we will start to head that way," he orders, leaving no room for arguing. I simply nod and continue following him into the kitchen.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ After Breakfast ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I slowly follow behind Drake, leaving the pack house and walking towards the woods. I hoped he would maybe change his mind during breakfast. "I really do not see what exactly I am apologizing for, Drake? This is ridiculous, and you know it. This conversation with Dylan is bound to get ugly, just like his stupid personality," I mumble the last part. "You know how I get, I cannot believe you are not giving me a choice in this." I ramble without receiving a response, annoyed with Drake and Dylan. Freaking bossy Alphas. "It is my birthday and you are making me apologize to a guy who called me a whore. This is stupid, and I am almost positive I walked into a spider web back there. You owe me biiiiggg time mister!" Drake takes an abrupt stop in front of me and I stumble back.

He takes a hold of my arm and makes me look at him. "This is where my hike ends. You know where to meet him, correct?" I roll my eyes, he obviously was not listening to my rant about the big bad wolf. "Raelyn, am I correct?" He says sternly, gripping my arm a little tighter. I nod and tug my arm out of his hold to cross them. "Good, now remember, he is an Alpha and he has higher authority than you." Yeah, keep reminding me I am not your Luna mate. I huff, but he continues, "be respectful and apologize. Then it will all be over, and we can enjoy your day. Do not raise your voice and try to keep in that attitude. Do you understand?" He asks in his Alpha voice, he is treating me life a child. All I did was defend myself.

"Yeah, yeah. If he kills me though, it is totally your fault." He growls lowly at my comment, I cannot help but smirk at the feeling that he still cares for my safety.

"He will not kill you, do not talk like that. If anything happens, just scream and I will be there. Now, stop giving me that wolf sass of yours and come here." He pulls me in by my waist with a tight, assertive grip. He puts his hands on lightly on my face and kisses me.

"Our mate is not going to be happy about you kissing him..." I gasp at my wolf's comment, it is seldom that she actually talks.

Drake's grip around me becomes tighter, a look of concern shows on his face as a reaction to my startled gasp. "What is it Rae?" The sound of him calling me that again makes me relax, but his grip on me does not. He is so cute when he is protective.

"Nothing babe, I am just nervous about meeting him." I do not think it would be a great idea telling him what my wolf said. "I should go get this conversation over with. I will hopefully be done quick and then we can go to the waterfalls!" I peck his lips and I start towards the borders. I never thought I would have to see that Alpha Ass ever again, but here I am, two years later meeting him in the same spot that got me kicked out of his pack.

XOXOSECRETWRITER