35. Facing The Hurdles

N A D A' S  P O V

Bismillah (In the name God-Allah) with that said, I entered inside. The devil's hell.

"Uh-umm Fahad you didn't sleep yet?" I timidly asked him going inside the closet and taking out my pyjamas.

"How can I sleep when you won't let me?" Fahad gritted out, bobbing his head up from his hands which were supported on his knees.

"Wh-what did I do?" I spoke innocently.

"The drama which you did today at the dining table." He spat at me.

"Excuse me, my love for you is not a drama, okay?" I said angrily, my voice quivering a little. Points for my bravery. I turned back to go in the washroom when Fahad grabbed my hand and made me halt my steps.

"Why? Why can't I call it drama? Previously, you were fine then out of nowhere you fall in love? That too with me? I don't get it. Tell me honestly, what's the conspiracy behind?" He interrogated making me turn behind.

"How could you say something like that? I love you and been loving you since when, I just realised it today and confessed it to you." I ran to the bathroom before he could interrogate me about anything else.

When I got out of the bathroom, the lights were switched off and it was pitch black even the curtains were drawn restricting any light to make its way in.

I tried to walk towards the bed and stubbed my foot and a hiss out of pain escaped from my mouth.

"Now what did you do? Clumsy girl!" I heard Fahad speaking in anger.

"Uh-oh nothing just stubbed my toe." Well it's surely more than nothing. Ahh it's paining now.

"Could have just switched on the lights." He grumbled.

"I didn't want to disturb you from your sleep." I spoke hesitantly and finally found the bed to lay down.

"You have been disturbing me for a long time a few minutes is nothing." Ouch.

"You think I disturb you?" I turned towards him.

"Of course." He scoffed. I ignored the sound of heart breaking and pulled the duvets over me.

I know he didn't mean those words. He's just angry. I won't accept my defeat so easily not gonna loose this battle. I will make him fall in love with me.

There was silence for a good two-three minutes. No one spoke.

"No, sweet heart, I am not a disturbance, I am a distraction, you could've just said that you cannot focus around me, it's okay." I speak too much. Someone shut my mouth. Someone shut my mouth please. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep.

"What are you made up of, huh?" Fahad finally spoke turning towards me.

"The same material with which you are made up of." I rambled. "Now I am very sleepy. Shabba Khair (Good night)."

"Whatever." That's all I heard from him. His new favourite word noted: whatever.

How am I going to make him fall in love with me when he won't even reply to my good night?

As I was trying to sleep, which was too far away, I couldn't sleep without Alizah beside me.

"Fahad?" I turned to look at him even though I couldn't because of the dark.

"Fahad!" I whispered as I tried to shake him with my hand.

I believe that he was asleep as he didn't reply therefore I decided that I should also sleep. I was going to retract my hand when Fahad snuggled with my hand making my heart race. Shoot! What is he doing? I might just have a heart attack with that. The close proximity wasn't helping. At all. However, this intimacy did give my restless heart a bit leisure.