Chapter 11: you've been drugged

§

"What is it, darling?"

"'M sahr."

"What?" Tom said. It felt like the car had stopped, and I hoped we were home. I swallowed thickly and tried to clear out my words.

"'im sorry."

"It's alright, it's alright," he said, cupping my cheek and making me look at him. My eyes still were hardly open. "How're you doing?" I just shook my head as much as I could, and Tom sighed. "C'mon, I'll take you inside." Tom came around to my side of the car, opened the door, and lifted me off the seat. The house was quiet when we got inside, and I wondered what time it was. Tom kicked my bedroom door open and laid me down on the bed. "I'm gonna go get you some water, okay?" he asked. I felt like I nodded, but I wasn't sure if I actually did.

Once he was gone, I tried to get comfortable, but my stomach was in so much pain. I knew what was coming, so I leaned over the bed, grabbed the trash can, and threw up. In the midst of my vomiting, I was crying. My whole body was shaking and my head felt blank. All I knew was the pain and fear coursing through my veins.

It was going to be a long night.

-

Tom jogged over to the kitchen and filled up a glass of water. His hands were shaking with rage and fear as he turned off the faucet. This was not a simple drunk. Something was wrong with (Y/N), and Tom had this sinking feeling he knew what it was. He had been told about these symptoms before. Had seen these symptoms before. The sudden disorientation and loss of body control. This wasn't just too much alcohol. (Y/N) was drugged. He had no doubt about it.

When Tom went back into (Y/N)'s room, she was leaning over the edge of the bed with her face in the bin. She was puking her guts out, so Tom rushed to her side and sat beside her on the bed. He rubbed her back and lifted the bin closer to her. "'im scared," (Y/N) she cried. Tears were running down her cheeks, and her whole body was shaking.

"You're alright," Tom told her. "You're okay. I've got you." Once (Y/N) got all the vomit out of her system, she moved slowly off the bed. "Whoa, whoa, where're you going?" Tom asked her, putting his arm around her waist to steady her.

"Don' 'anna wear 'is," (Y/N) said, tugging at the straps of her romper. She pulled it down her body before Tom could stop her and went to a pile of clothes that were on the floor. Tom realized right away that they were the clothes he had let her borrow the other day. She tugged the pajama pants up her legs and moved to unhook her bra. Tom looked away and ran a hand through his hair with a sigh. He assumed she put his t-shirt on, so he turned to look at her just as she stumbled to the bathroom.

"Now what?" Tom asked, following (Y/N).

"My makeup," she whined. She stumbled, and her body hit the wall.

"Jesus," Tom sighed. (Y/N) continued to the bathroom, accidentally knocking a few bottles over on the counter. "Okay, baby," Tom said, putting his hands on (Y/N)'s waist no realising he just called her baby. "Come on. Let me help you." He walked her over to the toilet, flicked the lid down, and had her sit. He grabbed some of her makeup wipes that were sitting on the counter and crouched down in front of her. His left hand held the back of her head while his other started wiping the makeup wipe across her face. He started with her lipstick, wiping away the red, smearing some across her cheek. He couldn't help but laugh a bit, but she was too far gone to really realize. Her eyes had fluttered shut, so Tom gently slapped her cheeks to keep her eyes on him.

"Wanna sleep," (Y/N) whined.

"I know," Tom told her. "Just let me get this off, and you can go right to bed, okay, petal?"