Chapter 6- Conversations in the dark

Life feels like a daydream,
And I just wish that I could wake up,
My mind.
                                         - Lauv

For this chapter, listen to girls like you by maroon 5

Kiana decided that I drive this time to where I wanted to go. I got in the drivers sit and started off to my little fun adventure . Kiana couldn't stop getting her eyes off me and that was freaking me out.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" I asked not getting my eyes off the road.

"You are so beautiful, and I like your dark skin." She complimented while placing her white hands on my hips again. I was enthralled by what she said.

I glanced at her before I focused my eyes again on the road.

"Do you read books?"

"Yeah I do, why?" Her hand not leaving my hips.

"Just asking.. who's you favorite author?"

"William Shakespeare. I love his books. My favorite is King Lear."

She pulled off a wide smile from her cheeks, when she talked about the books she loved.

I loved it when she smiled. Perhaps 'smile' wasn't the right word for it. The top row of teeth was showing, and there was a faint curve to the lips, but there was no crease below the eyes, no movement of the cheeks. On anyone else, it would be a grimace, at best. On this face however, it was a sign of bliss.

After 30 minutes of driving and small talk, We reached our destination, 'Centennial Lanes.' This place was well known for bowling games, and it was one of the best in Illinois.

Kiana got out of her car and looked around the place. I got out too and walked next to her. "You like it?" I asked not removing my eyes off her.

"I do, but what exactly are we going to do here?" She questioned.

"We going bowling..hahahaha." I chuckled.

"Ohhhhh, you love bowling?" She asked while getting close to me.

"Yes, I do."

It was dark now since we left the lake front quite late. I held her hand then headed to the entrance.

"Yes, how can I help you?" A man standing at the front desk asked both of us.

"I would like to pay for two hours game, please." I smiled at him.

"No, I'll pay." Kiana interrupted.

"No, let me do the paying.. ok please." I insisted.

"Na, uh... I want to. How much sir?" She asked searching in her purse and pulled out her credit card. I couldn't argue with her and let her pay.

"6.48dollars per person." The man responded with a smile. Kiana payed and we led our way to the bowling alley.

We got the shoes we were going to use for bowling, since we weren't allowed to use our street shoes. After we wore them, I feasted my eyes with her dazzling body. Her tiny waist was everything. I could look at her everyday.

"So how do they play this game? I'm not so well versed with it." She asked and knitted her brows.

I got close to her and explained. "First of all, you have to understand the bowling lane. The approach area is 15 feet long and ends at the foul line. The bowler cannot overstep the foul line during their approach or their shot won't count.... if a ball goes into the gutters and then bounces out and hits the pins, it won't count."