Date

"Kara, I need your help." As soon as the words were out of her mouth, Alex realised her mistake. You see, whenever she said those five words, Kara would come flying through her window, expecting the worst enemy they had ever faced. And every time she had said it so far, there was no one to fight. Alex had a habit of saying that phrase when she needed advice instead of superhuman strength. "Don't break my window!" She managed to yell just in time. Kara was floating in front of her closed window with her arms crossed."Sorry, you know it's a habit of mine," Alex said as she opened the window to let Kara in.

"Yeah... You'd think you'd learn after the last three windows," Kara remarked, stepping inside. "So what's the big emergency this time?"

"I need to know where we're going on this double date," Alex pleaded, her hands clasped together. "Lena only told me to dress up, but that's an awful hint. The definition of dressing up is entirely subjective." Alex crossed her arms and raised her eyebrows. "I know she told you where we're going," she added. Kara bit back a laugh, then walked to Alex's bedroom. "I'm not telling you where we're going!" She called out behind her. "But I will help you pick out an outfit." Kara rummaged through Alex's closet, looking for the perfect piece to wear. Lena had arranged for the four of them to have an incredible evening, which showed Kara that her soulmate truly cared for her. They would be among the very few people to see the new art exhibition at the local museum, which donated a whopping eighty percent of its earnings to charity. Then they would have dinner at the best restaurant in the city. A restaurant so classy and elite that Kara would never manage to get a reservation without Lena. After dinner, Lena reserved the roof of the L-corp building for them. Not the one with the helipad, no. The side building, which had a rooftop garden and beautiful string lights. Lena sure knew how to plan a date. "Where did all of your dresses go?!" Kara asked as she pushed the countless button-ups and sweaters aside. Alex sat down on her bed. "Most of them are DEO-issued. They're with my gear since they're bulletproof and stuff." Kara turned to her sister and raised her eyebrows. "Are you telling me that the only dresses you own aren't even really yours?" Alex shrugged.

"Okay, let's go to your gear."

Alex pointed to her other dresser and reluctantly got up to help Kara sort through her stuff."Oh, and seriously," Kara started. "When this all blows over, we're going shopping." Alex laughed as she pulled the drawer full of dresses open. "I love how you can assume that this will all blow over," she said. Kara rolled her eyes and started pulling out dresses.

"Are you ready yet?" An hour later, they were at Kara's apartment, repeating the process. Maggie had shown up ten minutes into the work and was sitting on Kara's couch, watching TV. Kara had let her in so Maggie hadn't seen Alex yet.

"Of course she's not ready yet," Alex teased from Kara's bedroom. "It's her first soulmate date! And Kara's really great at being picky."Kara shot Alex a look before they both returned to her closet. "So, I've been trying to help you pick an outfit for 20 minutes, but I still don't know how fancy it should be."

"Nice try," Kara replied. "As fancy as yours."

Alex sighed and moved a few hangers, before resting her hands on a blue dress. "Here," she said, holding it out to Kara. "When in doubt, go with blue. It's your colour."

When Alex and Kara finally appeared in the doorframe, Maggie froze. Sure, she knew that Alex would look amazing. She knew that Alex would be dressed to impress. But nothing prepared her for this. "Uh... we have to gay- I mean go," she said when she managed to speak again. They laughed and Kara grabbed their coats as Alex took Maggie's hand, then pulled her up from the couch.

"You look amazing, Sawyer," Alex whispered. "So do you, Danvers," Maggie replied. "You guys, let's go or I'll vomit," Kara shouted from the front door. Lena had sent a car for them, so the date remained a mystery right up to their arrival. Lena was waiting on the front steps of the museum when they arrived."Oh my god," Maggie whispered, stepping out of the car. "I can't believe we're actually invited to this," Alex replied.Kara stared at Lena. "I can't believe how beautiful she looks."

Alex nudged her into Lena's direction. "Just go talk to her, you dork."

The exhibition was beautiful, and it was the perfect place for them to get to know each other. They made some small talk, but both women knew they couldn't avoid the elephant in the room for too long. And they didn't mean the deep sapphire-coloured stone elephant that was part of the exhibit. The advantage of having someone's scars show up on your body as flowers was that you knew what kind of person they were. If you received a lot of flowers on your knuckles, they were a fighter. But Kara knew Lena was prone to get hurt.

"So I have to ask," Kara started, pushing her glasses up her nose. "How come all of these people never look past your last name? How come they keep hurting you?"

Lena kept her eyes on the painting they were standing in front of. "Lex made a name for us. And when he turned evil, no one wanted to listen to me anymore. It didn't matter that I was adopted, that I was only his half-sister. People don't care about revival, they just like to have someone to blame. So I'm a black sheep, both to society and to my family. My mother supported Lex. My father died. But it's okay, I'm still working on it." Kara slipped her hand into Lena's. "Well I do see past your last name, and-"

Alex appeared out of nowhere, wrapping her arms around both women. She leaned in close and whispered, "We gotta get out of here. You're in trouble."

"What, what's going on?" Lena kept her face neutral but her shoulders tensed. Kara looked around, slowly realising that all the guards were gone. Maggie was crouched by one of the reflective statues, and when Kara looked closely, she saw that Maggie was actually checking her reflection. Checking for any attackers. "I think the attackers are back, act normal." Alex let go of them and walked toward the window as if she were enjoying the view. Then, two people came crashing through.

Lena felt Kara let go of her hand. She watched in shock as glass rained down on Alex, and Maggie stood up, holding a gun out in front of her.

Maggie fired off two shots, rolling behind the statue before the team could respond. "We're not here for you," one of them said. The two men took three steps toward Lena before someone blocked their way. "Yeah I know who you're here for," Kara said. She placed her hands on her hips and stared at the attackers. "You're the people who shot her with a rocket, aren't you?" One of the men levelled his attack rifle at Kara's chest. "Yeah, why do you care?" He grumbled. "Her family attacked your cousin, you know." Kara rolled her eyes. "She didn't attack my cousin. She's been working on incredible things, yet all you thugs can think about is her family." Kara kept her eyes on the man as Alex and Maggie quickly incapacitated the other. Man, Kara thought. I love my sister. "It's only a matter of time before she becomes a terrorist too," the man mumbled. He took one step forward. Kara reached out and yanked his rifle out of his hand, bending it into a knot. "You're an idiot. People don't automatically become like their family. That's why adopted children don't stick out like sore thumbs," Kara said, glancing at Alex. "Lena is trying to become her own person, trying to bring light into this world. I can't have people like you trying to snuff her out." With that, she punched him. He went down.

"So..." Maggie started, as the four of them stood outside the police station. "Anyone up for ice cream?"

They laughed. After giving their testimony, none of them felt like spending three hours in a fancy restaurant. "Hey Lena, check it out!" Kara handed Lena her phone, with a video of her protecting Lena queued up. People were finally starting to see Lena as her own person, with a bit of Supergirl's help. "That's amazing," Lena said as she scrolled through the comments. "One save by Supergirl has done more for my reputation than I ever have." She looked at Kara and handed back the phone. "Thank you.""Of course. Now that I've found you, you'll never get hurt again." Lena leaned in and kissed Kara. "You taste like Cookies 'N Cream," Lena whispered with a smile."You taste like..." Kara kissed Lena. "Really? Out of all the ice cream flavours, you go with lemon?" "Oh hush!" Lena placed her head on Kara's shoulder and looked out at the skyline. A happy ending had never felt so real.

A/N

And here we are at the end! No there will not be a sequel. Yes this story was limited in supercorp interaction it is a soulmate story
Let me know what you thought, and if you really need more supercorp by me, I write a Sanvers story with a side of supercorp!
Love,
Freckles