Ch. 1 Questionable Friendship and Summer Shams

A/N: I am now editing everything, even though I still suck at grammar. Also, I'm going to make Marinette and the other characters better in subtle ways. 

So I was reading a comment in Notifications since your comments are literally amazing and hilarious, and I clicked on it. And then I found out I had no idea what the comment was frickin' about, so I read the paragraph, then chapter it was located.

And oh my goodness, I made Marinette a weak, idiotic, helpless girl that ran away from the bad things in her life. I was like, WHAT AM I DOING!?!

So I got a lot of modifications and changes I need to do. A bit of storyline will be disrupted, but whatever. I do NOT want y'all to even consider Marinette, my girl, a weakling. LOL, I am super sorry for people who read this fic before these changes...

And you darlings who just clicked on this book to check would stupid words I'm tossin' about, welcome, to the better version of "To All the Liars I've Hated Before"!

(Oh, and god, my former grammar/spelling... WHATEVER! On with the story!)

🖤 Evil (Bobbydangdoh)

***

Marinette Dupain-Cheng was often described with many extraordinary words. Not including Chloe Bourgeois's often-rude remarks.

Kind.

Optimistic.

Helpful.

Quick-witted.

A Good Friend.

This is why she was confused when it was a new school year and every single face in the class was glaring at her.

She nearly dropped her bag, before reminding herself Tikki was in there and that the kwami would not be happy about Marinette bruising her head.

"Marinette!" Alya barked. Marinette saw that she had her arm over Lila's in a protective way that she had frequently done to Marinette not long ago. Her chest ached painfully at the familiar sight. "How could you!?"

"What?" Marinette asked, realizing Lila probably said something about how she shoved peanut butter in Lila's backpack or stole her favorite ring, which she did not. "What did I do now?"

Alya huffed. "You know what you did! Lila told me your disgusting shenanigans!"

"I don't know what you're talking about Alya." Marinette resisted the urge to roll her eyes, puke, transform into Ladybug, and broadcast to anyone who overlooked Lila's mendacity that Rossi was dishonest about everything. She couldn't give into that deceitful fox, however, so she pinched herself in the thigh to channel her anger into something less... capable of causing total havoc and Hawkmoth taking over Paris, France, and maybe the world.

"You threatened Lila in the bathroom last year! Twice! And you bullied her over the summer!" Alya screeched like the banshee she had become over the past few months Lila had been influencing her. Honestly, the way she was acting was completely off the charts, over the radar, and truthfully, unpredictable.

The Creole girl grinned, quite maliciously from Marinette's point of view, with a look that resembled the one she wore when she needed, needed, an interview, presumably from Ladybug and Chat Noir. "Lila- We've got proof, don't we?"

Lila sniffled, and shed some more tears. Also known as her trademark crocodile tears. Lila extended her arm to show fake bruises, and even though they were a good distance away from each other, Marinette could tell it was makeup. Which simply and obviously proved how mundane and idiotic the minds that believed in the brunette were.

"A-Alya. I-It's a-alright." Lila sniffled, but underneath her uneven foundation, smudged lipstick, and ruined mascara, she smirked. "I-I d-don't w-want t-to b-be a-any t-trouble." She hiccuped, which was fake, and so it sounded like the lovechild of a burp and a choking noise.

I mean, how blind are these people that they cannot tell the difference between that and an actually genuine hiccup?

"No! it's not alright!" Alya cooed, wiping the crocodile tears off Lila's olive-skinned face. She then glared at Marinette, who then noticed that the rest of the class was staring at her with seething hatred as well. Which was weird.

Usually, only Alya and Lila would give her those despising looks, and occasionally Adrien when Marinette stood up to Lila or some other victim that Lila had lied about Marinette to. But never the whole class, as Marinette desperately tried to keep on good terms with the classmates and friends that had a delicate, wavering, yet apparent bond with her.

And here she was, eyes widened, mouth agape, and mind reeling as the kids she had laughed with, helped out, and done favors for expressed total hostility toward her.

And Rose. Rose was looking at Marinette with the utmost loathing in her eyes. Lila had made even the kindest, sweetest person in Ms. Bustier's class hate her.

Choking on shock, spluttering, and trying to find words, Marinette was the main character of a new show called,  "Complete Stupor". She turned to run away to try and find decent clarity of her life's new revelations, but obviously, someone couldn't let that happen.

Before she knew what was happening, someone had shoved her forwards, resulting in her falling down the stairs, with a "Bang, Bam, Bang, Bang, Bam, Oof".

Marinette saw that the manicured hand with purple and silver nails of the offender was Alya's.

When she fell down onto the first floor, she wasn't physically broken too much, which was due to her crazy reflexes as Ladybug. But she was definitely breaking inside.

With only a few glances at the scrapes, she ran home.