46th Page: Our Path Forward

(Oh god, this chapter is even longer than the last...fair warning.)

Underwater Temple,
Within the Temple...

"Yo. Looks like I'm the last to the party." The Black Bulls' resident wildcard smirked, his weapons seeming to shine with an otherworldly glow, Kronos' Arc spinning beside him as he propped Phantasm on his shoulder.

"You're late~." Alice remarked, giggling a bit as the Black Bulls nodded, deadpanning at the (h/c) haired boy. He was, apart from the trapped Yami, quite literally the last one to join the battle.

"It took a while to find my way through the Temple. I was all the way at the top with Shimon." (Y/N) shrugged, his usual smirk still plastered on his face as Shimon jumped through the opening (Y/N) had made, using his magic to stop his fall with a wave of water, riding to wave and coming to a stop beside the group.

"This was your shortcut? You're insane, you know that?" Shimon deadpanned at (Y/N), who only laughed as Shimon shifted his eyes, first over to Vetto, seeing the beastly man standing there silently, though the predatory grin on his face said all he needed to know.

Turning his eyes once more, Shimon's eyes widened in shock and horror as he saw the beaten and battered forms of Gio, Magna, Luck, Orion, Kiato, Kahono and Akari.

"Akari! Kiato! Kahono! Old Man!" Shimon shouted in shock, instantly running up to his fallen comrades as (Y/N) glanced at them silently.

"Looks like I'm extremely late. He managed to beat Luck, Magna and Orion by himself...? And that's not even adding on the Temple Knights..." (Y/N)'s eyes suddenly turned serious, shifting his gaze to look at Vetto, who's magic flared around him silently. Awaiting...

At that moment, (Y/N)'s gaze hardened as he sensed Vetto's aura. It felt similar to that of his [Nightfall Magic]...

(Y/N)'s Grimoire silently hovered before him, switching rapidly through pages before it finally arrived at a certain page, a mask manifesting from the page and seemingly attaching itself to (Y/N)'s face, though he simply moved it to hang by the side of his head.

"You've finally arrived, boy." Vetto spoke up, drawing the Black Bulls' attention as he and (Y/N) stared off at each other.

"That's right...(Y/N) already fought with Vetto..." Noelle felt an oppressive tension form in the room, the Black Bulls watching on silently. Back in Nean, Vetto already had several wounds before she and the others had arrived there...

"What's up? You sound like you have a grudge." (Y/N) smirked at Vetto, his tone careless, yet his eyes examined his opponent, vigilant for any potential movement.

"A grudge? You aren't worthy of that, boy. But now, this hunt can finally come to an end! I've saved the greatest Despair just for you!" Vetto grinned savagely, and the otherworldly haze around his Grimoire seemed to intensify.

"I'm touched." (Y/N) responded back nonchalantly, though his eyes stayed vigilant. He wasn't taking any chances against someone as strong as Vetto.

Silence seemed to engulf the cavern as (Y/N) and Vetto continued to stare off, an oppressive tension in the air. How would these two continue the fight...?

Suddenly, (Y/N)'s lips curled into a ghost of a smile, before he took a step forward and brandished Phantasm, before promptly planting the blade in front of him, a friendly smile on his face.