Soulmates

(Hades POV)

"You can't avoid her forever, Hades." Pitch, my "dear old friend" comments casually, while roasting marshmallows on my head!

" Pitch, my "dear old friend" comments casually, while roasting marshmallows on my head!

I glare at him. Pitch gives me his creepy, condescending stare. "I know you're afraid, Old Friend." 

Pitch never fails to infuriate me.

"Shouldn't you be catching up with your little bundle of trouble?" I counter.

"I am roasting marshmallows for, Nightlight, while he reconnects with his sister-in-law."

Ugh...

"Maleficent wouldn't wanna see me!"

"Why not? She's STILL your wife." 

"I left her. I couldn't stand watching her go insane and believe the false version of Sleeping Beauty."

"A cowardly move, I must admit."

My hair enflames at that comment.

Pitch glances at my head, carelessly.

"So, go apologize." Pitch says to me, looking me in the eye.

Just then someone interrupts, opening the door.

Thank..... YOU!?!?!

Maleficent

Maleficent.

I was told she has regained her memories of her "mad years" but she's not insane anymore. I don't know what to tell her. I abandoned her in her most vulnerable state.

"Hades." She said, her eyes locking on me. But they're not flaming, so she's not angry...yet.

"I-I" I stutter. I look to Pitch for help, but he's backed into a dark corner. Only his shadow indicates he's still here.

I take a deep breath. Okay, this was happening now.

"I know what you're going to say, Maleficent." I begin, and Maleficent starts walking towards me.

"How could I have done this? Stayed away all those years, and why'd I never come back to you!? To our kid!" I vent.

Maleficent says nothing but continues to step closer, her face a blank mask, giving away nothing of what she's thinking.

"Well,....what sign did I have that you could change, Malef? That any of the slowly-turning mad people on the Isle could? I pleaded so hard for you to fight against the madness, to hold on to who you were; but did you listen!?!" 

Maleficent still hasn't responded. I'm really starting to get nervous.

"I-I know I left you to raise Mal alone, but I thought she'd be better off without me! An-and I was wrong. I see that now."

Maleficent's getting closer, still silent as ever...

I am now backed up to the wall. What game is she playing!?

"Ugh, stop being so silent, Maleficent! Go on! Shout! Scream! Say something!" I practically beg.

Maleficent raises a hand and traces my cheek. Her hand's still soft, and smooth as silk.

I feel my breath catch.

"I missed you." Maleficent said, her eyes brimming with tears.

I feel something wet streak down my cheek.

Then Maleficent kissed me. True love's kiss.  Works every time. I love you, Maleficent.

💜💙💜💙💜💙💜💙💜💙💜💙💜💙💜💙💜💙💜💙💜💙💜💙💜💙💜

Author's Note: Sorry there's no Jack in this chapter. But, this is important since Hades and Maleficent are back together. And soon they'll be rallying Maleficent's people to help in the war! Spoilers for Maleficent: Mistress of Evil.

This chapter was based on Stoick and Valka's reunion scene in HTTYD 2.

Please vote, comment and share this chapter, thank you! 🤗