Lost in the hallways

[M/N][L/N] P.O.V

Wondering the hallways of the castle, I was really confused where I was. I ended up at one of the castle wings. Maybe it was a bad idea to try and get back on my own. I hope no one was mad with me. I strolled through the kingdom. Then, someone slammed into me from the back. I turned around and it was the captain of Yuno's squad. I couldn't remember his name. He seemed startled which everyone gets since I'm not noticeable.

"I'm sorry, I didn't see you there" He apologised.

"It's fine, it happens to a lot of people I meet. Anyways, I'm just looking around." I stated

The captain looked at my clothes and robe. He let out a polite smile. I didn't like it. Something was off. He stuck out his hand. I stared at it in utter confusion.

"You're the one I didn't get to recruit, how's the Black Bulls?"

I took his hand and gave him a smile.

"It's a bit chaotic but a wonderful place. Anyways, I ..uhm.. don't remember your name. I'm sorry"

"William Vangeance"

Oh. William's hand tugged mind and I ended up following him even though he let me go. I followed behind him like a little duckling. I asked him lots of questions like how to get stronger and make quick decisions. He gracefully answered them. It was pleasant but I couldn't shake off a bit uncertainty. His eyes behind the mask looked so sad.

"William, is everything alright? You seem sad"

He stiffened for a brief moment before continuing walking. I walked behind him, trying to get a read. Some people thought he was talking to air. William redirected my attention to the people around him. I noticed."You really aren't noticeable" I laughed and agreed. I shouldn't push him.

"Yes, I have a few friends now though so it isn't too bad. I hope to make more friends. Captain, you must not have a lot of friends you can trust huh?"

"I have my squad"

"You still seem sad."

It seemed to be true. William gave me a pointed look before returning back to normal. His polite smile. I heard someone very familiar yelling and another apologising profusely. Yami and Finral. Hastily, I pardoned myself and rushed to the source. I entered a fast paced jog, following his yelling voice and mana type. They had very rare and distinct ones. It was easy to get back.

I arrived back at the infirmary. Yami was yelling at the same nurses from earlier, pointing at the empty bed where I used to be resting. He was smoking as usual as he demanded his ghost maid. He looked down right ready to murder. Finral looked too scared to interfere. I stepped in so we wouldn't have two bodies to bury.

"Stop please, Yami, it's fine." I pleaded

I placed my hand on his arm and smiled reassuringly.

"Don't order me around"

At least he wouldn't kill them, however, I may be his next target. I apologised sincerely. Yami demanded Finral to open a portal back which he did. Yami was terrifying but he was a lot more calm. He let out a puff of smoke as he turned to enter the portal, grabbing me by the collar of my jacket. He walked through first and I followed. It led to the entrance of the base.

Yami stood there smoking but let go of my collar. Finral passed through and closed the portal right behind him. He gave me a bright smile as he went in to hug me. I hugged him back and let myself go somewhat putty in his arms. It was nice having a welcome back hug. Finral pulled away and I pouted a bit at the loss of heat. He told me he would talk later and headed inside. I turned and gave Yami all my attention. He looked calmer but still angry.

"Sorry captai-"

"Sorry isn't going to cut it, you could have died."

Yami raised his voice. I looked down to the ground in shame. My cheeks flushing in embarrassment and shame. He sighed and dropped his cigarette to the ground, stepping on it. I closed my eyes and tried to control my trembling. I felt his hand on my head, combing through my messy locks.

"(M/N) you did well, you saved your teammate. Otherwise, Noelle might not have made it."

I kept silent.

"It took us three days to find you. Everyone got worried you dumb ghost maid."

I still kept quiet.

"Look at me"

I couldn't do it. I didn't like being emotionally vulnerable in front of people. Especially crying, I'd rather cry under the rubble again. It made me fell weak. I sniffed and shook my head.

"Look at me" Yami ordered.

The hand he hand on my head tugged and pulled my hair back so my gaze lifted to meet his. He smirked.

"I chose you to come join Black Bulls so you're going to work your butt off till you surpass your limits. Don't go dying or I'll bring you back and beat you up"

"Yes captain!"

"Good, you short ghost maid"

Yami finally let go of my hair. A few sniffles came from me but  I wiped them into my sleeve. I slapped my face lightly a few times and let out a deep breath. I gave him a smile. He just sighed and took out another cigarette from thin air and began smoking again. We headed back inside and immediately Asta was yelling at Yami to bring me back. Immediately, Yam tried to kill Asta for giving him an order. He left after that to his room.

"Hey everyone" I said eagerly

"(M/N)!"

"MOM!"
Charmy came running at me and crashed me into the floor, hugging my waist. The wind got slightly knocked out of me. I sat up and hugged her back. The warm feeling blooming back in my chest. So this is what it means to be loved by someone who is like your child. I like this feeling. Asta cheered and also charged at me for a hug.

"I told you I would be fine" I smiled happily.

I somehow managed to get Asta off me and stood up. I cradled Charmy in one of my arms. Magna and Luck gave me a hug. Luck told me to meet up with him tomorrow and Magna invited me to train. In his opinion,I should've just slapped the rubble away. Vanessa and Grey cheered. Even Gauche gave me a hug before showing pictures of his sister. She was cute.

Eventually, I left the mess hall and entered the hallways. I wondered around and found Henry's room. Pocking my head in, I greeted him and talked to him before leaving. Gordon saw me in the hallway and gave me a cute doll while chattering. I smile and gave a head pat before going into my room. I settled for a bath tomorrow before heading to bed.

I was about to drift off but heard a knock. I groggily got up and opened the door to Asta. He wanted to sleep with me which I was completely fine with. It would be like one of the few days I slept at the church. I crawled into my bed and pushed myself towards the wall side. Asta joined me and he spooned me until I fell asleep just like when we were younger. I must've been imagining things when I nuzzled into his neck. His ears were red. How odd.

I fell asleep in Asta's arms that night.

A/N: Thanks for reading! Sorry if this chapter was a bit all over. I feel like doing a double chapter

 I feel like doing a double chapter