Chapter 16

When Danny woke up, he was in a lot of pain. That was probably the longest time he had ever been exposed to a Blood Blossom. He sat up and realized he was on some kind of table. He looked around the room and saw different kinds of medical supplies. Where was he?

"So, you're finally awake." Danny jumped to his feet and took a defensive position. Batman was sitting in the corner. "We were starting to get worried about you."

Danny stared at him, "Where did you take me?"

"This is the Batcave." He answered.

Danny nodded. It made sense. He slowly lowered his defenses. He went to go sit back on the table, but he stumbled. The Blood Blossoms weren't completely out of his system yet.

Batman caught him before he could fall. "Are you alright?"

He nodded "Yeah just... still kind of weak..."

"Because of that flower?" Batman helped him sit on the table.

Danny sighed, "It's called a Blood Blossom. Think of it... like my Kryptonite."

Batman narrowed his eyes, "How come it didn't effect Robin and me?"

Danny rubbed the back of his neck. "It uh... it only affects people like me..."

"And what are you?" he asked.

Danny shook his head, "I can't answer that."

Batman glared at him, "And why is that?"

Danny sighed, "For starters, you wouldn't believe me. But, it's mostly because I just can't."

"Can't or won't?" Batman asked again.

Danny stood up again. "Won't. Look, I need to be going. Thanks for all of your help, you really saved me back there." Danny was about to leave when he turned back to Batman. "I guess you deserve this much..." he held his hand out. "The name's Danny. Danny Phantom. I promise I'm on your side. Those guys that have been coming after me, I'm the only one who can stop them. If you ever run into one of them, just contact me."

"And how will we do that?" he asked.

Danny reached into his pocket. "Here." He handed Batman a tiny device. "This puts off a high-frequency buzz that only people like me can hear. I normally use it as a weapon, but as long as you don't use it right next to me it should work as a signal." Batman pressed the button and he grabbed his ears in pain. He quickly turned it off. "What did I say about using it near me?"

"Sorry." He put the device in his pocket. "So, these people you are fighting, they're like you?"

Danny nodded, "Yes. We have the same kind of powers."

"And how did you get these powers?" Batman questioned.

Danny shook his head again, "I can't tell you that. Well, I'm going to be on my way. Thanks again for the help. And don't hesitate to call me." With that, he turned intangible and flew through the roof until he had reached his room. That worked out well.

~time skip~

Batman pulled the device out of his pocket and examined it. This could come in handy. He walked out of the infirmary and went to the Bat computer. "Find anything yet?"

Robin was typing away at the keyboard. "All I can find are a bunch of urban legends." He said turning around. "They say that apparently during the Salem Witch Trials, Blood Blossoms were used to ward off evil spirits. Like witches and ghosts."

Bruce sighed, "Ghosts aren't real. These flowers must have some kind of effect on different people with powers." He picked the flower up off the desk. "Keep looking. I don't want us to be defenseless against these people anymore... 

(A/N - Hey guys. Thanks for reading! :) Stay whelmed and go ghost!)