Wolves

Katherine sat on the foot of the staircase feeling guilty as Jace tried tracking Clary with the thing he had picked up from her room as Izzy paced back and forth with her phone in her hands and Alec stood a bit away from Jace.

''Damn it.She's not showing up.'' Jace turned to Alec, ''We need to parabatai track.'' he walked over to Alec and drew a rune on his hand before placing the thing between their hands and Katherine stood up, a small flicker of hope burning throughout her body as she saw a pinkish red glow surround both Alec and Jace's hands.

Jace shook his head , breaking the glow ''Alec concentrate.'' Katherine walked until she was besides Alec and looked at the glow that had encased both their hands. She didn't see it but Jace saw Alec's eyes flickering to her for a second and that broke the glow, ''Alec.'' ''I'm doing it.She's not showing up.'' he defended himself and Jace walked away just as Izzy's phone chimed,''Just like I thought. She wasn't arrested.'' she moved towards them and Katherine frowned in worry.

''It was your job to look after her.'' Jace walked towards Katherine and Alec with anger written on his face, ''We did our best , Jace.'' Alec stepped forward.

''Then maybe your mother was right and your best just isn't good enough.'' a surge of anger went through Katherine at his words.

''Jace!''

She pushed him hard in the chest, ''Shut your mouth up!.'' Jace then turned to look at her, anger covering his features and controlling his tongue, ''And what about you, hmm? How did random people take down Katherine Herondale? You are one of the best shadowuhunters and you want me be to believe that they hit you from the behind? No! Maybe you let them do that..Maybe because of your anger at Jocelyn, you let Clary be kidnapped!'' he shouted at her, not exactly in his anger seeing how much his words hurt Katherine.

But before Izzy or Alec who was burning with anger himself could do anything, Katherine slapped Jace in the face.Hard. ''How dare you?'' anger filled every bone and muscle inside of her, ''Clary is my sister, I love her, she might not be of the same blood but she is my little sister! You, of all people know that.'' she spat at him ''Never again question the love I have for my sister.'' Izzy's eyes softened as she looked at her best friend before she glared back at the Wayland.

Alec took a step forward and that move made Jace's eyes softened in regret only for a second,''Are you so blinded by your feelings for Clary, you have lost sight of us?'' he seethed in Jace's face and Katherine scoffed , ''He has.'' Izzy squeezed her arm in comfort.

''Clary snuck out.We went after her...to protect her.We did nothing you haven't done a thousand times before.'' ''Yes, you did.'' Jace nodded his head looking at the two of them, ''You lost her.'' Katherine pulled her arm out of Izzy's grip before stepping in front of Alec and glaring at Jace.'' Well then you shouldn't have gone with Izzy if you care so much about her, you lovesick brat. Maybe if you could have stopped trying to play the hero for once, Wayland, maybe you could have protected her better...than...us.'' with each word Katherine shoved him in his chest.

Jace grabbed her arm and glared at her.Katherine glared back at him, ''Maybe..'' she pulled her arm out of his grip ''you could have stopped her.'' they both were nose to nose, both letting anger cloud their words. ''Enough, all of you.'' Izzy looked at all of them and Katherine moved away from Jace with Alec behind her.

~*~*~*~*

They had all gathered on the staircase, with Izzy and Katherine standing on the stairs while Jace leaned against the rod and Alec paced back and forth.

''Whoever took Clary and Simon must be holding them over a body of water.That's why our Tracking rune won't work.'' Jace explained and Katherine who was still angry at him rolled her eyes, ''Took you long enough to reach there .'' he sighed, ''Kate, I-'' whatever Jace was going to say was cut off by a phone ringing from inside Clary's bag and Katherine pulled out the phone and looked at the rest of them, ''She left it in here.'' Jace nodded his head and Katherine moved down the steps to where he and Alec were before she  put it on speaker , ''Hello?''