《37》

KARTIK'S  POV

It was morning and we left for the hospital to bring Siya back, we in the sense me and Naira.  The kids hadn't called yesterday night, so I assumed that everything went well. We reached the hospital and I parked my car in the driveway. We came out of the car and walked into the hospital. We finally reached the floor in which Siya was admitted and walked towards her ward that we met her doctor in the way.

"Good morning Mr. Goenka. I assume you are here to take Siya home", he said smiling.

"Yes doctor", I replied.

"She's doing well. But see that she remains on liquid food", the doctor advised.

"Yes...I'll take care of that. I just wanted to ask whether we should send Siya to the rehab or not?", I asked the doctor.

"I'm pleased there's no need of that Mr. Goenka. Siya seems to improve. Yesterday, she had a session with the counsellor and the counsellor assured that there's no need to send Siya to the rehab", the doctor replied and I sighed in relief.

"Thank you so much doctor", I thanked him and just then the nurse entered.

"Mr. Goenka?", she asked me.

"Yes", I replied.

"I need you to come with me for the paperwork of Siya's discharge", the nurse said.

"Okay....Naira you go to the kids", I told her and she nodded and walked away.  I followed the nurse.

--------------------------

STILL KARTIK'S POV

I was done with the paperwork. I turned to look at Siya with Aatish and Naira. Siya was looking so weak, the operation had squeezed out all her strength.

I walked towards them and kissed Siya's forehead.

"How are you feeling baby?", I asked her, caressing her hair.

"Better", she replied looking at the floor.

I sighed.

"Come on...its time to go home", I said and she nodded.

-----------------------

SIYA'S POV

We reached home and dad parked the car in the driveway.

I missed home so much....

We all came out. Dad and Aatish helped me to come out of the car and Naira grabbed my stuff. We all walked in through the front door and there Pammi Aunty and Sahil were standing holding the " Welcome home Siya" banner. I was amazed at the surprise.

That's when I got to know that how much my family loves me.....

Ahana came from nowhere and hugged my legs. She was literally clutched to my legs.

"I missed you Siya", she said still hugging my legs.

"I missed you too complain box. And sorry for not making up to your birthday, I had my own personal stupid reasons. Here's your birthday present", I said holding out Mr. Teddy to her.

Mr. Teddy was my buddy since I was three and Ahana had her eyes on him since she was three....so I'm finally giving him to her on this day.  Trust me....it sucks but anything for my little sister.....

"Mr Teddy!", Ahana exclaimed in excitement as she took Mr. Teddy from me and hugged him tightly. I smiled and she looked up at me.

"But he's your buddy and you hated to share him with anyone", she said shocked.