Chapter 3

That evening Molly was grading some tests in her living room, the way the setting sun illuminated the space through the large windows made her sit there, instead of her small home office where she usually did her work. She was half way through the paper stack when she was startled by the TV turning on. That's weird she thought, did the TV turn on by itself? Nah, that couldn't be. She thought that maybe Kakyoin was playing a prank on her, he did have a key to her house after all.

"Kakyoin, is that you?" she called out while getting up from her seat. She eyed the living room for any indication of another person, but saw none. Her focus then turned on the TV, where was that pesky controller? She was just about to turn around and look for it, when she noticed something weird on the screen. A weird ugly looking overgrown chicken? She squinted to get a better look, it looked like it was coming closer?

"Am I imagining things?" she mumbled to herself. Her eyes widened when she finally realised what the god awful things was, and by then it was already out of the TV. She had fallen on her bottom while loudly gasping as the Stand had entered her living room. It looked her over, as if it was judging her. Then it chuckled and pointed at her.

"That Josuke brat was right, you are quite exquisite. It'll be such a pleasure to use you as leverage against that pesky brat and the Kujo bastard" he snickered in pleasure. Her eyes widened again, of course. Of course he was here for another reason other than Josuke. She facepalmed, she felt like an idiot. This was what Kakyoin had withheld from her. She sighed and peeked at the Stand through her fingers. It didn't seem to realise she was a Stand user as well.

"Might I ask who you are?" she said while removing the hand that obscured her vision. The Stand closed it's eyes and was about to speak, thinking it had already won. Molly instantly summoned the Heart of Everything and had it deliver a few well aimed punches at the overgrown chicken. It gasped in surprise at the contact, and was sent flying into the wall. Molly took the chance to sprint through the front door and made a beeline to Kakyoin's house.

In her haste she had forgotten that she was not carrying her spare key to his house, so she rang the doorbell and prayed he was home. She glanced behind her nervously, the Stand wouldn't follow her here, right? When the door opened she practically flung it open and jumped into Kakyoin's arms, flustering the man a great deal.

"M-Molly, what's going on? Is everything alright?" he asked worriedly, and just when he was about to return the embrace, she pushed away. With tears ready to fall from her powder blue eyes, she looked him right into his own set of hazel orbs.

"Kakyoin, you knew. You knew there's Stands in Morioh, and you chose not to tell me. I was just attacked by one" she said quietly, Kakyoin's eyes grew wider.

"You were attacked? Are you hurt?" he asked concerned and tried to look for something that indicated she had been hurt. She sighed and ran a hand through her blonde locks.

"No, I'm alright. I think I shook it off" she muttered.

"But you've got some explaining to do" she added, but she didn't sound upset. Sometimes Kakyoin wondered if she even was capable of feeling anger, let alone express it in some way. He nodded and sighed in defeat.

"Jotaro convinced me not to say anything. We didn't want to worry you"

"I should've guessed" she muttered. She was disappointed, disappointed that they'd chosen to leave her out of it, because they thought she couldn't handle it. Kakyoin gently laid a hand on her shoulder and shot her an apologetic look.

"I'm sorry, I should've told you" he mumbled and fiddled with her locks with his other hand. She sighed and took his hands in hers.

"You know I can't be mad at you. But next time please tell me, I can handle it" she said and poor Kakyoin couldn't say no, not to her.