Chapter 56

* Meanwhile*

"...!" Lara Tybur's eyes widened as she felt a strong sensation. A rumbling pulse sound that echoed in her ears. It was faint and short, yet it was strong enough to send shivers down her spine.

What was this? That feeling felt surreal, unfamiliar to her. She looked around subtly, wondering if anyone else had felt it. But she was surprised as the people around her didn't even stop in their tracks. No one questioned it.

Was she going mad? Why was she the only one who sensed that vibration? Unless...could this be the work of a titan shifter?

"A titan shifter powerful enough to send an echoing pulse. Only shifters such as myself can sense it." she thought. She immediately knew something wasn't right.

All the Marleyan titan holders don't have this ability. And even so, why would they have transformed? No, this was the work of another titan. An enemy!

"They're already here and that call just now, was a warning." her eyes flickered towards her brother.

"I must inform Willy." her once motionless body then made her way towards her brother.

Willy was finishing up the last of conversations before his big speech. Out of the corner of his eyes, he noticed his younger sister approaching him. Knowing this could be important, he wrapped up his current conversation.

"Something the matter, Lara?" Willy asked.

"Willy, I sensed something. A strong pulse, rumbling through my body." Lara continued.

"I can't explain it. But it sounded like it was coming from beneath us. Within the waters. Something is lurking below, and I believe it's another titan shifter." Lara explained, her voice shifting as she spoke.

Willy listened carefully, noticing a change in demeanor in his sister. She was trembling a bit; she was stuttering in her words. Her hand was on her chest, and she was gripping it tightly.

"It was so faint yet strong enough for it to rumble in my body. It was so low and...surreal." She looked at her brother.

"I believe the enemies that we could be facing, I might not be able to handle them." she finished.

Willy stayed silent, already having a guess on who the threat was.

"Y/N L/N..." Willy whispered.

"The traitor is making herself known," he added.

The two remained silent, not knowing what to say. Marley's greatest mistake was letting the Root Titan user go on a mission that was never meant to happen. Furthering their mistake was the holder had a strong sense of willpower. 

What's more terrifying than facing a human who has nothing left to lose? There's nothing they can do now, they expected something like this would happen.

"We'll carry on with the speech." Willy said.

Lara nodded her head before making her way off the stage. Willy watched her for a bit before opening his mouth again.

"Lara...if you happen to see her. Do what you must to keep her at bay. At all costs, keep her away from Eren Yeager. Her connection with the founder makes her all the more dangerous."

"I will..." With that his sister left. Willy let out a sigh, preparing himself for his possible final moments. 

"Ah, Mr. Tybur!" a voice spoke. Willy turned his head, his eyes landing on a familiar looking woman.