t w o

if you are reading this story on any other platform apart from Wattpad (https://www.wattpad.com/home) you are very likely to be at the risk of a malware attack. if you wish to read this story in it's original, safe form please go to (https://www.wattpad.com/user/a_soft_bun). thank you!

t w o

Her room is severely cluttered. The carpet is draped with fabrics of dresses that simply weren't fit for a ball, but it is all she had. She couldn't afford an extravagant dress, but she couldn't exactly attend a royal ball in what she did have.

A knock on her door alerts her, her brows furrowing deeply. She never had visitors. Leaving her room, and heading down, she opens the front door to find the Luna herself.

"Luna Mariah," a bow of respect and acknowledgement followed the greeting. The Luna smiled warmly. She wasn't that much older than Adah and was radiant - like most Lunas are.

Adah would have been a Luna too.

The royal family didn't have a Luna, they had an Alpha Queen. There was a difference in the roles - the Alpha Queen was exactly like the Alpha King. The royals had too much responsibility and needed the extra discipline. There was no room for warmth.

Luna Mariah was beautiful, with dark brown hair that was thick, pale smooth skin, and also was carrying her first pup, which only enhanced her glow.

"Adah," the Luna greets back, before pulling Adah into a hug. Adah is startled momentarily, not too fond of this. She never was one to be touched, not even by her own family. But the Luna is warm and has done much for her, so she complies.

The Luna beckons herself in, pulling along a suitcase. Adah's brows furrow a little harder.

"I thought we could get ready together. I know Leila has her mother, her aunt and several of her sisters helping her out. I know that you've only been here a short amount of time, and perhaps wouldn't have that. Would it be okay if I stayed?" Adah nods, because she couldn't exactly say no.

Although Adah thrives on being by herself - a lone wolf rather than a pack wolf- she couldn't help but be relieved, because she had no idea what she was doing. She also was a little touched, that the Luna herself came.

They head up to Adah's room, who quickly tucks the mess away underneath her bed.

"I though this would look exquisite on you," Luna Mariah murmurs, as she pulls out a stunning, blood red dress. Adah is stunned.

"You didn't have to," the words are uttered quietly, almost fearfully treading into existence.

Luna Mariah smiles, without responding.

The two get ready side by side, and the hours fall by too quick, and in no time the dark welcomes them.

"Are you worried?" the tone in the Luna's voice is soft and concerned. Her hands are pulling Adah's thick curls into a high ponytail, framing a few baby curls around her forehead, and polishing it off.

"Not really. I'm not feeling anything," Adah admits truthfully, her tone quiet. Adah always spoke in a low and quiet tone, but since her true mate, it has only been amplified. The Luna's brows furrow.

"Is it because of-," Adah nods, knowing the Luna is asking about her true mate.

"It's normal not to feel anything after a rejection. It is the wolf's way of protecting herself," and Adah nods mutely.

"I'm not sure if you've realised, but all Alphas and their mates will be at this ball too. You may see him," and Adah swallows. She knows, she's been dwelling on it for too long now.