Chapter 22

Spring came quickly. Just as Remus had predicted, Cody had made her transformations easier, she wasn't quite so lonely. He was completely healed from Millicent's attack by now, much to Anna's relief. He had grown too, and his bark had become somewhat deeper.
Anna was studying in the library when a girl about her age came up to her. She had short black hair and stormy grey eyes.
"Um...do you mind if I sit here?" She asked quietly. "All of the other tables are full."
"Go right ahead." Anna said with a smile, gesturing to the seat across from her. "I'm Anna by the way."
"Savannah."
Anna wasn't expecting the next words that came out of Savannah's mouth.
"Is it true that you can talk to ghosts?"
Anna blinked in surprise, and it took her a moment to answer. "Um, yes, as a matter of fact I do."
"I read your article in the Quibbler last year." Savannah said. "It's quite a unique gift that you have. One that not a lot of people possess."
"Yes, I was told that it was rather rare."
"Can you choose the ghosts that you talk to, or do they just sort of appear?"
"They just sort of appear." Anna explained. "I don't really get to choose who I talk to."
"And you...you help them...don't you?"
Anna raised an eyebrow. "Is there another reason why you came over here?"
Savannah sighed, her shoulders slumping in defeat. "My older brother...he was killed last year."
"Oh no..." Anna put her hand on top of the other girl's. "Oh I'm so sorry Savannah."
"That's why I'm asking you all these questions. I...I guess that I'm also asking for your help, to find who was responsible for killing him."
"I'm not sure how much of a help I can be, but I'll do my best."
Savannah's face brightened at her words. "Oh thank you!"
"Now, what was your brother's name?"
"His name was Edward. He was 21 when he died. He was an Auror, died on a mission in Germany. They said it was a former Death Eater."
Anna nodded and she wrote this information down. "Did they say who the Death Eater was?"
Savannah shook her head. "No, something about it being classified."
"I see...." Anna nodded again. "I can't make you any promises, but I'll see what I can do, alright?" Maybe if she tried hard enough, she would be able to see Edward in her dreams tonight.
Savannah hugged her tightly. "I can't thank you enough for doing this."
"It's not a problem." Anna assured her. "But don't get too excited just yet, I don't know if I'll be able to help him yet." She yawned a bit. "Geez, I hadn't realized how late it's gotten. I'll catch up with you in a few days, give you an update on my progress."
Anna scurried to her dorm, ready for bed. She quickly got into her pajamas and curled up in bed, Cody right next to her.

Anna was in the woods. The sky was dark, and the woods gave an eerie feeling in general.
"Who are you?"
Anna gasped at the voice and she whirled around to see a man in his twenties. He really just looked like an older version of Savannah. This must be Edward.
"I'm going to ask you again." He frowned at her. "Who are you?"
"Um...Anna. Anna Potter. Your sister sent me."
"Savannah?" The tension in his face vanished. "Merlin's beard I miss her. Tell me, does she look alright?"
"She looks relatively healthy."
He sighed in relief. "Thank Salazar. With how mum and dad are-"
"What do you mean?"
He bit his lip. "Our parents were Death Eaters in the first wizarding war. They were furious when they found out that I became an Auror, they disowned me. I was terrified when I heard that Savannah was sorted into Hufflepuff. She never said anything, but I knew that they hurt her."
"But why?!" Anna cried. "It's not her fault that the hat put her into Hufflepuff."
"They're furious because she was sorted into a house full of Muggle-borns and blood traitors."
"So essentially just because she wasn't sorted into Slytherin."
Edward nodded. "Can you do me a favor? Look out for her?"
"Of course I will. She said that you were killed by a former Death Eater?"
"Not just a former Death Eater. My father."
Anna gasped. "What?! Are you sure?!"
"I saw his face when he killed me. It was most definitely my father."
"Oh Edward... I'm so sorry."
"Look, don't tell Sav that it was our dad that killed me alright? That would destroy her."
Anna bit her lip and hesitated. "Fine, I won't."
"Thank you." He smiled at her. "Anna Potter...any relation to James and Lily?"
"They were my parents."
"My uncle was a good friend of theirs. Unfortunately he's now serving time in Azkaban."
"Oh no. I'm sorry to hear that. What's his name?"
"Sirius Black."
Anna's eyes widened. "Hold on...your uncle is Sirius Black?! As in my brother's godfather?!"
Edward nodded. "The one and the only. But don't believe anything that the papers tell you about him, he would never hurt innocent people."
"Don't worry, I don't think that he's guilty. But Edward...Savannah wants me to help you move on, and I can't do that unless we prove that your father is the one that killed you."
Edward thought for a minute. "If I told you where our house is...in our study is a case. My father...he's somewhat demented, from every person that he's killed for Voldemort's cause, he's taken some trinket or another from them. A prize, as it were. You should find a pocketwatch. If you open the pocketwatch, it will show the moment of my death, as well as the person who killed me. Now, my parents live in the countryside, not too far from Malfoy Manor."
"I'll do my best." Anna promised, and he gave her a soft smile. "I can see why my sister asked for your help. You have a pure heart Anna, and you use it to help others."
Edward began to evaporate, and Anna spent the rest of her slumber in blackness.