t h r e e

if you are reading this story on any other platform apart from Wattpad (https://www.wattpad.com/home) you are very likely to be at the risk of a malware attack. if you wish to read this story in it's original, safe form please go to (https://www.wattpad.com/user/a_soft_bun). thank you!

t h r e e 

The food arrives out shortly, easing some of the wolves that have become skittish due to the brooding King sat on the throne.

As expected, it was a glorious feast. The bread rolls were warm, and soft, almost fluffy in consistency, and the butter melted and pooled within them. The meat was lush, tender and fell from the bone in a sweet manner, drenched with sticky, rich sauce. Even the vegetables, were perfectly cooked and not too soft, and popped in colour. Every single plate of food that was served, was nothing short of perfection.

The atmosphere loosens up immensely during this. The chatter becomes louder, the laughter becomes more outrageous and a lot of smiles are plastered on faces. Not to mention, everyone has had a few drinks by now, so the liquor warms and eases people up a little more, making them a bit braver.

Adah sits with Luna Mariah, who makes conversation with her mate, and the other Alpha's and Luna's at the tables. Adah listens into their conversation at times, but other times doesn't, unable to follow along with what they have to say.

Her eyes linger around the room a little more, watching the other females and the other individuals, just carefully observing.

Her eyes flitter up, to where the King sat. The food before him, hasn't been touched. His features are stoic and free from emotion, yet his eyes are intense, and raging with grey fire. The contrast is difficult to decipher.

Her eyes flitter away, falling towards her true mate. His back is turned to her, too engrossed with his new Luna, to think of anything else. Her eyes flitter away again, back to her empty plate.

The tables were being cleared, and dessert was being served. Her mouth waters - she would devour anything that had chocolate in. If anything, dessert was the highlight of her evening.

Her eyes wander around again - it was something she did often, observe.

Adah was a curious wolf, she liked learning about what is around her, but from a safe distance, that required the least interaction. She didn't like talking to people, so the only way she could make judgement, was by observing actions.

There's a group of strong, domineering males that hover near the foot of the throne, talking in hushed voices. These were males that were of the palace - respected palace guards, the royal beta and such positions. They all seemed powerful, so Adah couldn't distinguish the correct positions. They seem frustrated - the evening isn't how they want it to go.

Adah's best guess was that they expected their King to mingle more with the potential females, to truly seek out a Queen. Yet, he hadn't moved an inch from his throne. It wasn't giving the best impression.

Finally, the male in the maroon suit, makes his way towards the King. Adah concludes that the male was the royal beta. Who else would freely go up to his King so casually? They talk in low tones, quietly, lips barely moving.

She's watching without a care. She's hidden in the shadows, sat on the furthest table away, in the back corner. She isn't enough to grasps anyone's attention.

The King's eyes flash up to hers suddenly, and she freezes. The wolf within her recoils too, setting down and curling into her body, flashing her tail in her face and peeking from under it.