Chapter 24-Back Together

You stood there with Ahsoka as she stared at her old Master.
"Hello Master, it's been a while," Ahsoka said.
"Ah-Ahsoka? How are you? Where are you? Are you okay?" Anakin launched into his overprotective dad mode.

Finally Obi-Wan looked over at you.
"(Y/n)? What are you doing there?" He asked.
"That Mandalorian business," you said. "This is it."

After Ahsoka ended the transmission, you both sat down and you held her hand.
"You're going to see Anakin again," you said.
"Yeah, but we have to stay focused on capturing Maul," Ahsoka said letting go of your hand and getting up as the ship exited hyperspace and flew towards a Republic command ship.

You stared at your girlfriend confused. She never did that. Something was going on and you'd find out.

When the ship landed, you followed Ahsoka out of greet Anakin and Obi-Wan. R2 came rolling up to her beeping happily. Ahsoka put her hand on top of him before walking up to Anakin.

You were about to follow them to the briefing room when you heard a voice.
"Commander!" Rex ran up to you.
"Hey Rex, what are you doing?" You asked.
"We're going to surprise Commander Tano," Rex revealed a helmet with orange paint on it. There were white details on it that you knew too well as Ahsoka's marks on her face.

"Bring your helmet and you can do it too," Rex said leading you over to where a bunch of clones were sitting with orange and white paint.
You set your helmet down and got to work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Commander she's coming!" Rex said. "Soldiers fall in line!"
All the clones out on their helmets and you did the same while standing in the back of one of the groups.

The doors opened and Anakin led Ahsoka into the room. She stared in awe at the helmets and you couldn't stop smiling.

Rex walked up to her.
"The paint job's a little crude, but we think it gets the idea across," He smiled. "Glad to have you back Commander."
"You know, you don't have to call me Commander anymore," Ahsoka said.
"Sure thing, Commander," Rex smiled.
Ahsoka put her hand on his helmet and smiled.
She then looked around and then back at Anakin confused.

"Wait, where's (y/n)?" She asked.

"Well, when I heard about what they were doing, I wanted to join in on the fun," You said walking out from behind the clones with your helmet on. You took it off and smiled at Ahsoka.

Ahsoka smiled at you as Anakin took out a box.
"I have another surprise for you," he said.
Ahsoka had her hand on the box when the alarm started going off.

You panicked and looked around as Obi-Wan ran in.
"We need to prep for hyperspace," He said to Anakin.
"Did the council approve the attack on Mandalore?" Anakin asked.
"No, Grievous is attacking Coruscant," Obi-Wan said.

You shook your head in disappointment. Your people wouldn't get the help they needed after all.

Ahsoka crossed her arms and looked at Obi-Wan.
"So that's it?" She said. "You're just going to let Bo-Katan and her people suffer?"
"You must understand, this is a crucial moment in the Clone Wars," Obi-Wan said.
"I understand that as usual, your playing politics," Ahsoka said. "This is why the people have lost faith in the Jedi. I had too, until I was reminded of what the Jedi mean to people who need us."
"The people on Coruscant need us," Obi-Wan was looking at Ahsoka sternly.
"No," she said returning his stare. "The Chancellor needs you."
"That's...not fair," Obi-Wan stuttered.

You watched Ahsoka and tried not to smirk. Holy crap was Ahsoka letting Obi-Wan have it.

"We'll divide the 501st," Anakin said. "Ahsoka can command them.
"But Ahsoka is not longer a part of the Grand Army of the Republic," Obi-Wan said.
"Then we can promote Rex to commander, and Ahsoka can go as an advisor," Anakin said.
"I accept, if Obi-Wan agrees," Ahsoka said eyeing your Master.
"I agree." Obi-Wan nodded.

"Wait a minute," you said. "I'm going to Mandalore too."
"Yes, you're going too," Obi-Wan said. "So we can promote (y/n) to General of the new division."
"But I'm not a Jedi Knight," you said.
"I think your ready for your trial," Obi-Wan said giving you a small smile. "Now get going."

Obi-Wan walked towards the door, but stopped in the doorway.
"Oh and one more thing," he said facing you and Ahsoka. "I killed Maul once, it's best to capture him, he doesn't seem to stay dead." Obi-Wan turned around and left.

You nodded and turned to Ahsoka, she was watching her old Master.
"Thank you for the support," Ahsoka smiled.
"What are friends for," Anakin smirked.

You smiled and saw some of the transport ships loading up to leave for Mandalore.
"You coming?" You asked her.
"Yeah," Ahsoka said, but Anakin stopped her.
"If you're going to Mandalore, you're going to need these," Anakin said.

You watched grinning as Ahsoka opened the box revealing her twin blades.
"(Y/n) and I kept them safe," Anakin smiled. "They're good as new."

Ahsoka ignited the green and yellow blades, only now they were blue. She smirked.
"Maybe better," Anakin smiled as Ahsoka tested them out.

"(Y/n)! Come on!" Bo was calling you over.
"You ready?" You asked Ahsoka.
"I'll be there in a minute, you go ahead," Ahsoka turned to Anakin.

You nodded and waved to Anakin as you ran over to one of the transport ships.
Bo was waiting there along with the other clones who were still wearing the Ahsoka Tano helmets.

Rex walked up to you, wearing his normal helmet and stood next to you.
"General huh?" He said.
"You're a commander," You smiled. "Congrats."
"Thanks General," Rex saluted.

Ahsoka ran over to you and stood on your other side.
"We're really going to Mandalore," Ahsoka said.
"Yeah, I haven't been there since..." you stopped.
"Your father," Ahsoka said holding your hand.
"Listen 'Soka," you took her hand in both of yours. "I don't want to let my emotions cause me to do something reckless with Maul."
"I know you'll do the right thing," Ahsoka put her other hand around yours and you nodded.

"Alright everyone, hold on to your helmets!" Rex said. "Mandalore here we come!"