Chapter 8

Recap:
Or so we though...
_________________________________
Hailies POV

"Seriously!" I said upset. "I dont need a babysitter Mason"
"Yes you do. We have to go on a business trip and Lucas will keep you safe."
"Ugh fine!" I accepted my defeat as I slumped down on the couch and turned on the TV. Loudly too, just so my brothers would get annoyed.

I was so pissed. Just when we started getting along, they ALL have to go on a stupid business trip. And the worst part, I have to have a frickin babysitter! I'm in high school! I don't need a baby sitter. But whatever. Mason said that he would just be there to keep me safe and he won't bother me at all. But whatever.

All my brother gave me kisses (except Mason and Xander who just have me nods in acknowledgment) They introduced me to Lucas who seemed chill, but also quite scared around my brothers.
No wonder...

Her new life

It had been a few hours of me hiding in my room so I wouldn't have to socialize with Lucas, but my stomach was now killing me, and I would die without food at this point.
I quietly made my way downstairs and saw Lucas sleeping on the Couch with many empty beer bottles on the couch, ground, and table. I cringed to myself and silently made my way to the kitchen. I grabbed a bowl from the counter and silently got a packet of skittles, M and M's, and twizzlers. I was very thankful I didn't make any sound because I knew if he woke up, he would be drunk.

I closed my eyes and breathed to get rid of the memories of Daniel. I just wanted my brothers to come home already. That made me feel safe, and protected. I opened my eyes and saw that Lucas was missing from the couch, before I could do anything else, a hand covered my mouth and I immediately dropped my bowl making glass go everywhere and candy fly everywhere.

I started to cry. Just when I thought I had escaped Daniel, Lucas was ready to haunt me too. I suddenly went quiet as I felt a cool medal against my head. I had never seen one, but I knew it was a gun. It clicked and I knew that if he wanted, he could shoot my brains out. I tried to remain calm, and breath, but inside, I wanted to die.

"Make any sound, or sudden movement at all, and I will wait until your brothers come back just so they can see you die in front of them. Got that sweetie?"

TW: mentions of r@pe

I nodded. I didn't want to die, but as long as my brother were ok, that's fine.

He dragged me up the stairs by my hair and it hurt so bad. I didn't dare make a noise though. He took me too my bedroom, and my eyes immediately widened as I knew what he was going to do.

I was used to this from Daniel, and I didn't want my brothers to get hurt, so I kept quiet and let him do what he wanted. I silently cried the entire time, but I vowed to keep quiet.

"Tell anyone about this, and you and your brothers will pay."
I nodded and stayed in my bedroom and he went downstairs. Soon, all I heard throughout the house were his snores, and I knew I was safe for now. Until my brothers came back home...

Her New Life

I stayed in my room for the rest of the day, and when my brothers came home, they were furious. They asked me so many questions like

"why is their broken glass on the floor"
"Why is he drunk"
"Are you ok"
"Are you hurt"
"Did you break that"

But all I did was cry. I couldn't do it anymore. I cried and cried and cried while all my brothers looked at me not knowing what to do.

"Hailie-" Mason tried to talk while coming closer to me but I just ran into his arms and cried.  I never wanted to let ago.
I cried because of
the abuse
Lucas
My brothers now being here
My mom leaving me
And for me being a pathetic, useless, burden of a a sister, daughter and friend.

Mason's POV

I was furious. We were only gone for 4-5 hours, and it looks like Hailie is even more damaged. What the hell happened.

After a few minutes, Hailie calmed down and was now sleeping in my arms. I carried her to her bedroom and gently laid her down on the bed. I gave her a small kiss on the forehead a quietly shut the door.

But the minute I turned from that door, I was ready to kill. I wanted to know what Lucas did, and I wanted to know now.

When I returned to the living room, I have a quick nod to them and Xander was the first to make it to Lucas. Even though he was one of the youngest brothers, he loved Hailie just as much, and was just as strong as the rest of us.

He held Lucas by his collar. He woke up startled and instantly got scared once he realized we all knew he did something.
"What did you do you son of a bitch" Xander spat out
"What do you mean? I was passed out drunk the entire time"
"You bastard! You were suppose to watch Hailie, not fucking scare her to death! She was trembling and shaking when we got home!"
"I didn't do anything!"
"Admit it, of you'll regret it" Xander said while holding a gun to Lucas' temple.
"Fine! I was asleep most of the time, but then when she came downstairs to eat, I held a gun to her head like you're doing with me, then I rap-"

The only thing that could be heard through the house was the sound of a gunshot. Alex immediately ran upstairs, I knew it was to make sure Hailie was ok, and to comfort her.

But I can't believe I trusted this bastard! He hurt Hailie even more than she already was!

Xander dropped Lucas' lifeless body onto the ground and punch the wall with rage so hard that he made a hole in it. At this point I didn't care. I wanted to do the same, but I had to compose myself to be strong in-front of my brothers.

I didn't care how many people I would have to beat up, as long as Hailie was safe. She wouldn't be going to school anymore, I would teach her if I had too, just to make sure things like this would never happen again.

I would risk my life just to make sure Hailie was loved, protected and safe.

Hey guys! Hope you liked This chapter! It was a little short, but I really liked it. Comment what you want in the next chapter.
🦋❤️