23

Third Person

"Can you send me your notes tonight?" Leia asked her classmates when all of them packing up their stuff after the bell rang. During class, all Leia did was putting her head down due to the massive headache from yesterday's alcohol.

"Sure, what happened yesterday? You look horrible." One of them commented.

"I got drunk." Leia cringes when she suddenly remember that she asked Ryujin to stay. But she was thank you for her drunk self for not spilling any secrets about her feelings.

"Take care of your health, Jaein-ah." The group exited the classroom before someone who waited for a long time interrupted.

"Jaein?" Heiran force to smile, looking at the girl she absolutely hates. "Can I talk to you?"

Leia was stunned, she was afraid of what the conversation will be about.

"I'll see you tomorrow then Leia!" The girls bid her goodbye while walking ahead. 

"Bye guys!" Leia waved to them then turn back to face Heiran.

"What do you want to talk about?" Leia asked. She thought she was in some sort of trouble when Heiran crossed her arms.

"This might be rude of me to say but.."
Heiran straightforwardly stated.
"Can you stay away from Ryujin?"

"Huh?!" Leia couldn't believe her own ears and what she's hearing.

"I'm sorry, it's so selfish of me but I think you're at the age where you understand how it feels when the person you love is being close to another girl." Heiran's blood boiled thinking of what happened the night yesterday. She clearly saw Ryujin carrying Leia upstairs then refuses to come back down when she called.

"You... love her?"
Leia is puzzled about what to do, what to answer, and what to even think.

"I do, so can you please do me this favor?" She boldly asked.

"But we're just friends," Leia responded.

"I know that, now can you answer my question?" Heiran grew impatient as every silent second passed.

"No, I can't do that." Leia doesn't care if Ryujin doesn't like her back, Ryujin probably never will but Leia can't stand her absence. Even as a friend, an unnie, or a neighbor... Leia still wants to be beside her.

"Aish, what a hard-headed girl." Heiran scowled as she tried hard not to curse at the younger girl since there are students around. "You don't know how to listen to your unnie?"

"I'm sorry." Leia bowed down low as she apologized. "I'll be going now."

"Yah! I'm still talking here!" Leia ignored the loud noise from the girl and continue to walk without looking back.

Leia's Pov

I should probably do the homework.
I told myself that since 5:00 pm but. but it's now already 9:00 pm. This means that hours have passed and all I did was staring at the ceiling thinking about Heiran's words.

Heiran has feelings for Ryujin.

And Ryujin have feelings for Heiran.

Should I tell Ryujin this or not...

Can someone tell me what to do right now?

"Leia!!" A voice shouted. followed by the banging of the door. I was so shocked I almost fell out of the bed. Who dafuq banging the door at this hour...

I got to my feet and rush outside to open the door to stop the loud banging.

"Ryujin??"

"Yah! Why didn't you reply to my text or call? You always make me worried sick!" She scolded. Shoot! I must've turned the ringer off.

"I'm sorry." I hate how at times like this, my heart is racing for her.

"Since you're okay.. do you want to go eat with me?" Her smiling eyes again... this is tough.

"No." I don't want to fall for you any further than this. "I'm tired."

"You're not okay. Who is this? Where's Leia?? The normal Leia would never turn down food." Ryujin said.

"Yah... are you okay?" There was a strong hint of concern in her voice.

"I met Heiran today." I decided to tell her.

"She said she wanted to talk with me."

"That's weird, she said she wanted to talk to me too, but tomorrow though." It's obvious what their conversation will be about.

"Unnie, do you really like her?" I guess I will know what to do next after I have her answer.

"Tsk, what's this suddenly?"

Say 'no' Ryujin.

"Just answer me."

Say 'no'.

"Yeah." She nodded. Tch stupid Jaein, what were you even expecting?

"Then Ryujin, this will be my last ever advice to you," I told her. I figured that seeing Ryujin happy will also make me happy. Who cares about my feelings, it will probably go away when they dated.

"She told me that she loves you."

Third Person

"You should ask her out." It was simple, last advice but it left Ryujin speechless.

A little part of her was happy that her crush have feelings for her but a bigger part of her was unsure of the advice.

Ryujin paused for a long time. It was probably the most silent atmosphere the two have with each other. Both of them looking elsewhere as their minds filled with many thoughts.

Finally, Ryujin broke the silence.

"Do you want me to ask her out?" Ryujin doesn't know why she has the urge to ask her that, but she badly needs to know the answer. 

"No." Leia thought. "Because I will lose you."

However, Leia knows better than to be selfish.

"Of course."

Disappointment devoured Ryujin upon hearing Leia's answer. Ryujin's subconscious side wishes she would answer otherwise.

"Thank you," Ryujin said as she forced a smile.

"You're welcome," Leia responded. "Goodnight unnie, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Goodnight Leia." Ryujin watches as Leia slowly closes the door on Ryujin.