eighteen

I watched as Mrs. Chandler's fork dropped in her plate and she stared at us both in disbelief.

"You're having a baby?" She asked us, tears welling in her eyes, but I couldn't tell if they were happy or sad tears. Wyatt nodded as he pulled out the ultrasound picture from his pocket and handed it to his mom. Her hands shook as she stared at it, not after long her face broke into a smile.

"I was not expecting my first grandchild to come from my youngest child, but I'll love it just the same," She cried as she walked around the table and pulled Wyatt into a tight hug. I could see the tension in Wyatt's shoulders immediately melt away under his mother's touch. When she pulled away from him, she immediately walked to me and pulled me into a hug.

"How far along are you?" She asked me in a gentle voice.

"A little over thirteen weeks," I informed her. More tears fell from her eyes as she pulled me into another hug.

"Dad? Are you okay?" Wyatt asked as he sat back down at the table.

"Son, you have most likely ruined your future," Mr. Chandler sighed as he stood up from the table.

"What do you mean?" Wyatt asked his father.

"Son, do you know what responsibility comes with a baby? Do you know how much money you will need to support this child? You don't have that kind of money son. When your mother and I had Maren, I had to work long hours to support our family and that was when I was out of high school," His father explained to him.

"I'll get a job Dad, I already work during the summer, and I'll find another job as soon as training is over at the end of the month—" Wyatt started to informed him. Mr. Chandler held up his hand to silence Wyatt and it worked.

"We'll talk about this later son," He instructed him.

"But—" Wyatt protested.

"Later!" His father snapped before walking out of the dining room. We heard the back door slam and Wyatt stood up to follow him.

"Honey don't, he needs time to cool off," Wyatt's mother whispered to him as she gripped his wrist so he couldn't follow his father.

"He hates me," Wyatt muttered as he slumped back into his chair and rested his head in his hands.

"He doesn't hate you. You'll talk it out later and figure everything out," Mrs. Chandler comforted Wyatt. She rubbed her hand up and down her son's back. "Why don't you take Kennedy back to her house and maybe stay there tonight. Come back in the morning so you and your father can talk," His mom suggested. Wyatt nodded and stood up. His mother pulled him into a hug and he returned the gesture. Next, she pulled me into a hug before heading to clean up the kitchen.

"Hey, everything is going to be fine," I whispered as I ran my fingers though Wyatt's messy hair.

He sighed as he cupped my cheeks with his hands. "I hope so," He muttered before placing a light kiss in my lips.

"Let's head back to my place and get to bed, it's been a long day."

We headed to the door and slipped on our shoes and coats before headed out the door. Wyatt unlocked his Jeep and we both hopped in. As soon as we were in and buckled, Wyatt grabbed onto my left hand with his right and didn't let go until we got to my house. I pulled my key ring out of my coat pocket and found the house key before hopping out of the car.

When I unlocked the door, I saw Kelsey and Grayson watching a movie on the couch, which made me barf in my mouth a little. I grabbed Wyatt's hand and we walked up the stairs a quietly as possible, trying not to draw attention to ourselves.

"I'm going to take a shower before heading to bed. You can watch Netflix or go to bed if you want," I told Wyatt. I headed over to my dresser and picked out some flannel pajama shorts and a black T-shirt to sleep in. Then, I headed into the bathroom and turned on the water in the shower. I got out of my clothes for the day and examined my bump in the mirror. It was definitely noticeable if I was to wear a tight shirt, but other than that nobody could see it. Once that water in the shower was warm enough, I stepped inside and went about my normal shower routine. Shampoo, Conditioner, Shaving, Body Wash, all the usual things you do in a shower.

Wyatt didn't come in my bathroom at all while I was in the shower, so I assumed he had gone to Grayson's bathroom to get ready for bed. However, I still peeked my head out of the shower before getting out to see if he was in there, which he wasn't.

When I got out of the shower, I wrapped my hair up in it's own separate towel and dried my body off before applying a new new lotion I had bought that was supposed to prevent stretch marks. After, putting on my lotion, I put on my pajamas and took my hair out of the towel that had been containing it. I quickly brushed through my hair and braided it with ease before finally exiting the bathroom after about thirty minutes of being in there.

Wyatt was already asleep in my bed, and his sleeping face made me smile. I shut off the T.V. before crawling into bed next to Wyatt. He sensed I had laid down because he immediately wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

"Goodnight beautiful," He mumbled into my neck.

"Goodnight Wyatt," I smiled before shutting my eyes and letting myself drift to sleep.

-----

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for reading! I hope you are enjoying this story, and if you are don't forget to vote. Here my question for this chapter: how do you think they will tell their school, or how their school will find out? Let me know what you think! One last thing, thank you for over 800 votes.

xx - Sidney