Chapter fifteen

I know what you're thinking.

Two uploads in this same week?! Consider it a gift my people! (;

Lol, anyways here it is!

Enjoy ~

- NickyMb <3

unedited by the way! :p

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If there was anything in the world that I was afraid of, it was the idea of dying.

For someone who loved finding reasons for the way things happened in the world, just the first letter of that word scared me more than anything.

I’m logical. I like knowing and analyzing facts.

I believe there's an answer to everything, even if we don’t actually know what it is. If I don’t see it with my own eyes, then I don’t believe it. If I can’t touch it for myself, then there's no way it’s real.

Getting on Julio’s motorcycle was like staring death in the face and mocking it.

“You’re nervous.”

I look up from the heavy helmet in my hand to find Julio looking at me. His dark eyes scan my face, drinking in every inch he can,  and his lips turn down a little at the side. I sigh and grip the edge of the helmet the best way I could.

With the wind blowing, I peek over my shoulder in time to see Mia and Aiden head into their apartment.

Mia keeps her distance, something I can tell from Aiden’s tense shoulders  bothers him. I honestly have no idea if I have ever seen them fight and the idea of them ever breaking up was close to insidious.

Turning my head, I look back at the shining, sleek bike in front of me. Julio leans against it, his arms behind him, resting on the seat.

With him standing like that, show casing his arms full of tattoo’s and his raven like hair, he truly looked as dangerous as a snake.

Meeting his eyes, I tell him the truth. “I’m scared.” I whisper under my breath. I hated to admit to the fact that something so small frightened me, but sometimes even the littlest things in life can cause the most damage.

Trust me, I should know.

I feel something lightly sweep across my forehead and when I look up and find Julio in front of me, sweeping the hair that was falling in my eyes behind my ear and letting his fingers linger,  I hold my breath.

This close, I could smell something spicy penetrating from him and it was making my heart beat at an erratic rate. His fingers were a great contrast to the cold weather and before I can say anything, he moves his hand faster than I would like and puts it in his jean pockets.

“There's nothing to be scared of. Trust me angel, I’m the best damn motorcyclist in town.”

Letting the feeling of his hands on me vibrate away, I shake off the feeling of his hands lingering on me and stick the helmet over my head.

If I was doing this, I might as well get it over with.

Julio, seeming satisfied and maybe a little too confident, swings onto his motorcycle gracefully, as if he has done this his whole life, and looks up at me with an eyebrow raised.

I knew from that one gesture that he was challenging me. Seeing if I could actually get on the motorcycle without the help of him or anyone else.

Clamping down on the fear that was starting to blossom in my stomach, I take a breath and do the most stupid thing I could do.

I get on the motorcycle.

With the balance of a one legged dog, I swing one leg over the same seat as Julio and settle down behind him. When I feel like I actually might  have my balance, I let go of the side and let out a shaky breath.

I hear something like light laughter in front of me and I take the time to look up and glare at Julios back, even if it was a wasted gesture. Before I have time to think, I feel his hand reach out and grab my waist.

Gasping a little at the sudden contact, I feel him pull me toward closer until my thighs were wrapped around his midsection in a death grip. My chest presses into his back and I can feel his shoulders shaking with concealed laughter.

When he takes his hand away, he makes it a point to skim his fingers softly over my exposed, tingling skin.

“That’s better,” He mutters under his breath wistfully. Before I have a chance to move away, he revs his motor and it drowns out any snide comment I was going to blast at him.