Help

"Professor Sprout I need to talk to someone." Said Ophelia sitting across from her favourite Hogwarts professor.

"What is it Miss Marigold?" Asked the professor, looking concerned as one of the happiest students she had ever met looked slightly off.

Her hair was in a head band something she never did. She bit her lip her eyes red and her uniform slightly askew.

"Tom and I we broke up." Said Ophelia, not meeting her professors eyes. She just needed an unbiased opinion.

"Why?" Asked the professor thinking how those two seemed to be bound for the altar.

"How much of what I say will you tell the other professors?" Asked Ophelia and the professor mimed zipping her lips.

"Consider me a vault, Miss Marigold." Said The young professor as Ophelia bit her lip. She could hear her foot tapping on the ground.

Tom wasn't in her class. There was no way for this to get back to him.

"Promise?" She asked, unable to trust right now but she really did see professor Sprout as her school mom. Ever since she had trouble in first year and she had taken extra time to help her.

"Promise." Said Sprout, furrowing her eyebrows.

"He told his friends I was his whore because he was ashamed of my blood status." Said Ophelia and the Professor looked taken aback.

This was Tom Riddle star student and perfect gentlemen.

"Really?" The look on Ophelia's fave was all the confirmation she needed, Sprout handed her a tissue, "Why not talk to Miss Halpert about this?"

"She might actually kill him if I get into how hurt I feel." Said Ophelia and her professor nodded sympathetically.

"I can see where she would be coming from." Said Sprout and Ophelia cracked a smile.

"It's just that my parents are coming to professor Slughorn's Christmas party and I owled them about the split and I'm a little worried for Tom's personal safety."

"Miss Marigold, I assume you are with holding something else he did, I won't pry, but why are you still worried about him?" She asked, as Ophelia looked at her.

"I love him." She answered as hot tears fell from her eyes. "He doesn't have many people who make him happy, professor, I just couldn't watch him go down the path he is going down. I didn't want to be complicit in someone else's crimes."

Sprout narrowed her brown eyes wondering what she could possibly mean.

"Ophelia. Look at me." Said the professor, Ophelia leant forward in her chair a bit, "I don't care if he has a tragic backstory. You deserve better."

"I don't." Muttered Ophelia.

"I know about your family." Said the professor, Ophelia stiffened, "I went to school with your father, he was two years a head of me and saw Slytherins being awful to me, so he stepped in and told me how to get whatever I wanted in life. In exchange I well did nothing, he insisted I owed him nothing."

"I had no idea." Said Ophelia, a little shocked.

"You are good people. Unlawful good.  But you deserve better than a boy who calls you a whore." Said Sprout as Ophelia's smile began to return to her face.

"Professor?"

"Yes?"

"Thank You. Sometimes you need to hear it." She said and the young professor smiled at her.