Kageyama Tobio - A Smaller Human

AU: Pregnancy

*I barely know anything about pregnancy...so uh...some things may or may not be right...thanks*

Kagayama x FEM!reader

Word Count: 900+

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

Now

Maybe you and Kagayama were trying too hard to get pregnant. Kagayama would shorten his volleyball practise to make sure to follow your weird schedules that you laid out for him. None of his teammates minded though, they knew that the most important thing next to volleyball to Kagayama was you.

It's been a couple of years since you guys settled down and decided to start a family. Kagayama got a steady volleyball position and you've been doing (chosen profession), but you've always felt that something was missing.

You crossed your fingers as you held a pregnancy test in your hand. It didn't help that you knew Kagayama was outside the bathroom, probably pacing back and forth. The timer dinged on your phone and you turned it over.

Negative again.

You sucked in a breath and in threw the test in the garbage. You walked out to the bedroom with your head down, making eye contact with Kagayama as you shook your head.

Kagayama took one look at you and his shoulders caved in. He carefully walked over to where you were standing and wrapped his arms around you — an unlikely thing that you always appreciated when it happened.

"It's okay," he said. "We'll try again later. Maybe it's something that just comes when it comes."

You laughed. "Wow! You have an amazing grasp on the concept of pregnancy. You should teach it to high school students."

He chuckled. "It'll happen one day. I know it." He kissed your cheek and went over to the corner of the room to grab his volleyball equipment. He walked over back to you and smiled. "And when it does happen. It'll be the most amazing day. We'll just have to wait a little longer."

You watched him as he walked out the door.

Another day.

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

A few months later

You didn't know how much longer your flu was going to last. You've been in bed for days, throwing up with your head constantly spinning. It was safe to say that Kageyama was worried sick. He missed a couple of practices and practically begged you to go to the hospital if you weren't better by tomorrow.

He would lay beside you on the bed and tell you stories of his high school volleyball games and random ones about his life. You, of course, heard most of the stories before, but you loved about him and would subtly add in parts that he forgot to tell you.

It took some convincing, but you finally got him to go to a volleyball practise after you heard him talking on the phone with his coach.

"You should go," you said, squeezing his hand. "I've been sick before and I am technically an adult. I can take care of myself.

He hesitated. "But you haven't been this sick before."

You pressed a kiss lightly on his cheek. "I'll call over someone to make sure I don't die in my sleep, if you're that worried, but you can't get kicked off the team."

"I'm not going to get kicked off," he mumbled.

"Go," you said pushing him away. "Keep your starting lineup position."

Kagayama kissed your forehead and went to practise.

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

Hinata came a bit later to the apartment with a bag, at your request, filled to the brim with cold medication, ice cream and one pregnancy test.

"You know," Hinata said, "buying a pregnancy test is really weird. The lady gave me a look. Don't I look old enough to have a steady relationship in order to buy one?"

You laughed.

"Does he know?" He asked, flopping on the bed.

"I don't even know."

"Then why the test?"

You shrugged and walked over to the bathroom. "Caution?"

The next thing that Hinata knew, you were screaming.

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

That night

Kageyama had a volleyball in his hands when he walked through the front door. He locked the door and set his stuff down near the dresser. Your bed was empty and a shock went through his body.

"(Y/N)? Where are you?"

"Bathroom!"

He lightly jogged to the bathroom and knocked gently on the door, pushing it open a little. You were sitting against the bathtub with your hair tied back.

"Where's your friend?" He asked, sitting next to you.

"It's late," you smiled, leaning your head on his shoulder. "I sent them home."

"Are you planning on sleeping on the floor? I can make you a pillow out of towels. "

You laughed. "I don't think that would be good. For the both of us."

"Yeah," he said. He stretched out his arms. "Not going to practice for a bit really made my arms hurt. I should've stretched more."

"Then the three of us?"

Kageyama groaned. "Is Hinata coming over? I swear if I wake up and find him in our bed again because he wanted company. I'll kill him."

"It's a smaller not-really human."

"What?"

You grabbed the pregnancy test from beside you and handed it to him. "A smaller human."

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

I hate life. My mind is fried -Kiwi  (Has been writing an English essay for hours)

I was noticed by art senpai on Instagram. I am thriving - Bacon (is too comfortable with quarantine)

Posted: 17/04/2020