God Tier Playlist

June 1st 2019

{HARRY}

"You did not!" I say to Annie.

"I did to!" She says back.

"That's literally his most popular song. That's mad!"

Adam, Noah, Annie and I have just done done wrapping on recording more tracks for Adore You. Noah said we should explore a more rocky version of the song instead of the 80's pop feel we were originally going for. Annie thought that idea was stupid. Adam said we should all sleep on it and come back tomorrow with clear heads. So, now Annie and I sit on Adam's back porch and she's telling me the story about how she played guitar on Childish Gambino's Redbone.

For the past 2 weeks, we've been trying to nail down Adore You. I know what I want it to sound like and Annie agrees with me, but Adam and Noah think we should try something else out. I've started a few other songs, but none ready to do anything with yet. I want this song to be absolutely perfect. I think Annie's starting to catch on that it about her, I'm pretty sure everyone else has. Tommy definitely has and I know that because she giggles every time we start to work on it.

"So, I'm curious. What kind of music does the girl who knows everything about music listen to?"

"Okay, one, I don't know everything," She says, "And two, it depends on the day. I like to think I have a playlist for any given situation."

"Alright, what's your driving playlist look like? Everyone's got a driving playlist." I ask.

"Classic rock. With a hint of 70's country."

"What about driving at night?"

"80's pop and indie alternative from the last 10 years."

"Drinking coffee while you watch the sunrise?"

"That's all my folky, granola songs."

"Do you have a workout playlist?"

"Yes and it's entirely made up of female rappers."

"Damn, that's impressive." I say, and I am truly impressed.

"Okay, what about you?" She asks, "What's your spotify account look like?"

"A little bit of everything. But, I've got one really good playlist that's God Tier."

"Okay, now I have to hear that."

"I can't. I'm sworn to secrecy."

"Oh, come on! I showed you my secret spot, the least you can do is show me your playlist."

"Alright, then. Let's go." I say as I stand and lend her my hand.

"Where?"

"Your super secret spot. It's only fitting we listen to my super secret playlist there."

She takes a moment, smiles, then says, "Okay, let's do it."

-

A ten minute drive later, we're parked on the edge of Annie's Canyon, sitting on the hood of the car. I leave my playlist playing from the inside of the car on the stereo. For a while, I explain each song and why I like it and she's genuinely interested. But, now we talk about anything and everything. Politics, our favorite season, the meaning of life, where we want to be 30 years from now. Our friendship grew fast over the past few weeks and it's only left me wanting more.

"So, I have a loaded question." I ask.

"Shoot."

"Why are you single?" I ask, "And I don't mean that in a sleazy, pick-up line sort of way. I just think your attractive, incredibly kind, and the smartest person I know. What's stopping you?"