The 'Mother'

Faye’s POV

After the ‘Talk’ that I have with Damon my game of avoiding him died down. Slightly I still avoid him from time to time but at least I’m trying to be not so obvious about it. I just don’t want to give him reasons to be touchy and give him motives unconsciously. I don’t want to fall further that I can’t go back up to protect the things I don’t want to lose.

I sat in the couch waiting for my date. I was asked out yesterday and it’s not like I can say no when puppy eyes are in the picture. Caleb ran on the stairs with his hoodie on.

“Well, Hello to you my date!” I chuckled

“Faye Faye! Let’s go!!” He jumped on his feet. I promised to do what he wants me to when I wasn’t able to eat lunch with him but I did not expect that he’d want us to go out shopping. Well he specifically wanted to go to Build-A-Bear.

We spotted George just a few steps away with the parked in his side.

“Good Morning George” I greeted as he took a sip of his coffee.

“Good Morning Miss Faye. Where to?” He asked. I chuckled

“Nearest mall please.” He nodded and we climbed up the car. Caleb sat next to me clutching my hand.

“I want a big bear Faye!!! More bigger than George!” Caleb exclaimed. George is more than 6 feet tall and soo bulky. I hope they have a bear like that.

“Whatever you want sweetie, Let’s just hope that they have a bear of the size of George” I chuckled earning a ‘Hey’ from George.

Pulling up in the parking lot of the mall we left George and started going through the shops of the mall. Looking around I realized that the mall that we are in covers named brands instead of discount. Well it’s to be expected after all this is the rich side of the city.

“Faye!!! Hurry!! There is Build-A-Bear!!” Caleb shouted pulling me with him as he ran towards the shop. We got through the bears and scanned for the best and biggest bear in the shop.

“Oh my god, My son!!” A fake British nasally voiced with hint of screech shouted in our back before I can comprehend she swoop Caleb from my side and pressed his head in her chest.

“Oh, baby!” She fake sobbed.

“You!! How dare you take away my son!” She accused with a loud voice making sure that  everyone in the store can hear her. I heard the murmurs of the customers in the shop in our way.

“Wait, What?!” I exclaimed.

“Who are you miss? Please give Caleb back or else-” She interrupted

“How shameless!! After kidnapping my son you will threaten me?!” She shouted pressing Caleb in her chest harder as he let out muffles of distress. Seeing Caleb squirm out of her grasps made me almost lost my cool.

“Look!! My Son is so scared because of you!!” I find it hard to talk back as I was so taken aback of what the woman is accusing me.

“Please let him go! He can’t breathe” I said my voice raising with concern as Caleb squirmed even more. I tried to free Caleb from the grasps of the unknown woman I was startled as she started sobbing and screaming

“No! Please!! Stop hurting my Son!! He’s just a child!!” Her acting was already getting to the people around us as they hid their kids behind their back.

I saw two guards came in the store and talked to the cashier. She pointed our way. I sighed as I thought that they are going to take the scheming woman away but what they did made me felt what dread is.

“Ma'am, please come with us.” The guard with blonde hair said while the both is firmly holding my shoulder.

“What?! Wait! I am with the kid! I know his father and-” I tried to reason out but they already started dragging me. I looked back at the woman and I saw her giving me a smirk. I felt my stomach drop and my anger rising.

“Unhand me! You are arresting the wrong person!!” I yelled but they did not budge.

“STOP!!” for the first time in the week, the voice that I heard made me sigh with relief.

“Damon!” I turned in his direction as his furious eyes looked at me and the men dragging me.

“How dare you touch her!!” He growled and punched the guards. His eyes soften as he looked at me. My eyes started to go teary as I felt relieved.

“I'm okay” I tried to say it with a smile but my voice cracked. “Wait! Caleb! There’s a woman-” He nodded.

“It’s okay. I had George handle her. Let’s go.” He led me back in the parking lot where I saw Caleb and George inside the car.

When Caleb saw me he ran in my direction and tackled me with a hug. I hugged him back relieved that he is safe from the reigns of that scheming woman. I cupped Caleb's face and scanned him for any injuries

“Are you okay?? Did she hurt you?? I'm so sorry baby… This is supposed to be a happy day but look what happened! You were almost taken by a strange woman” I apologized trying myself to not cry in front of everyone.

“It’s okay Faye. I'm not hurt…” He said and hugged me tighter. I looked at Caleb and sighed. I was scared and beyond furious of what that woman put me through. But if Caleb was hurt in any way, I'm not sure if I can let this slide.