What the Quantics Call Trouble

Allan's POV:

It had been nearly a month since the Quantic Group had met Marinette, and she had stolen their hearts the first day. She was sweet, talented, and bubbly. Not to mention her awesome hugs or her cute smiles.

She was awesome at designing, and she proved it. She had mentioned an idea of making a website of her designs, and Claude had enthusiastically asked if the Quantics could model them, which she had given a smile to, and nodded happily. She was humble too, as shown when Allan had told her that the designs would shine like stars and she had blushed at the compliment.

Allan was in awe of how amazing one girl could be. But she had her moments too. If anybody was picked on on her watch, she would immediately pounce on the bully and stand up for the victim. Admirable, yes, a lot, anything Marinette did was admirable, but Allan would have gathered she been more knowledgable to both sides of the story. But then again, Allan wasn't one to stand up much for people, so he didn't have much of a say in that.

But what worried Allan the most (Cuz he a worrywart), was that she would often seem nervous and shocked when people gave her compliments and showers of friendliness. Like she had never seen that before. It was nerve-wracking. Allan wanted to ask her why, but he wasn't one to push. He was sure she would the Quantics when she was ready.

The Quantics had decided to go have a picnic at Parc Montsouris. Marinette had exclaimed that she would bring baked goods and sweets, Allegra piped up and said she would bring home-made pasta. Felix was bringing the utensils and picnic blanket, and Claude was bringing sandwiches. Claude had begged for Allan's special salad and he had agreed to make a bowl.

He whistled as he worked, chopping up lettuce and slathering vegetable and olive oil all over it. He hummed as he added his secret ingredient, pesto, and blue cheese, plus a bit of Camembert. He chuckled as he acknowledged the fact Allegra would have a fit if she knew that he added the stinky cheese every time.

He put the ingredients all in a bowl, mixed it quickly, and covered it with a plastic wrap. He was going to be late if he didn't hurry!

He skipped multiple steps as he went down the stairs, and tumbled out of the building. He called for a taxi, but they ignored him. He'd just have to run.

He dashed and hopped across various streets to the familiar forest-like picnic area. He checked his texts and noted that it was at their usual hangout spot. He ran with his basket, and nearly choked on saliva when he saw Allegra's blonde braid shaking angrily. Did he run that fast? Really? He looked around and realized it wasn't their usual spot, and saw that the rest of the Quantics were also yelling, and Marinette was silently crying.

All thoughts aside, he skidded over and hugged her tight. She gave him a tight smile through lidded eyes, and Allan turned around to acknowledge the mess around him.

Allegra's POV:

She had been happy the whole morning. The Quantics were having their very first picnic with Marinette! Hooray! Sprinkles! Dazzling Unicorn Cupcakes! (She was mostly excited about Marinette's cupcakes. The dark-haired adolescent had promised Allegra a plate of Unicorn and Griffin ones just for her.)

But what was NOT sprinkles and unicorns and cupcakes was when the group minus Allan, who was late, had bumped into THEM.

THEM, as in The Horrible Enraging Monsters. A red-head bully, a brunette liar, and a stupid blonde. Plus the boy with headphones, but he looked torn between the two sides, so she pardoned him a bit more.

Allegra had been happily chatting with Marinette about the designing website when the red-head had stormed up to them. "Marinette!" She had shrieked. "How DARE you abandon us and just try to ignore everything about OUR school! You bully!" The red-head had reached out to shove the bluenette, but Allegra had angrily blocked her way, forcing her to stagger backward.

The red-head had growled at her, and Allegra had growled right back. The rest of THEM had joined the red-head, and the blonde had shot her a little glare.

"Okay, guys calm down." He had said. "We should handle this civilly." The blonde had shot Marinette a frustrated look. "Marinette, I'm disappointed in how you're acting right now, I really am."

"DISAPPOINTED?!" Allegra had yelled. "So your friend has the complete RIGHT to scream at SWEET MARINETTE, but it's not okay for MARI to stand up for her frappachino self?!"

The tan blond glared at her. "You don't understand what's going on, so it would be better if you back out right now."

The brunette had stepped up and said. "Guys, it's okay. Marinette's just a bully, we shouldn't give her the time of our day."

Claude had glared at him by Allegra's side, and she had smirked as he faltered a bit. "Okay, insolent idiots. First of all, Marinette is not a bully, she's a great person. Second of all, just get out of our way and no one gets sent into a marshmallow." Claude had said it in a more gentle tone, but Allegra could tell he was seething inside for how they treated Marinette. The poor girl had done nothing to deserve this. Actually, quite the contrary.

Felix had nodded grimly, and Allegra turned to see Allan hugging Marinette. "What's going on dudes?" He had asked, hazel eyes creased with worry.

Allegra scoffed. "I've just added three more people to my hate-list."

Allan cringed. "Dudes, let's just go. Mari's not lookin' so good."

Allegra nodded furiously, grabbed Marinette's shoulders, and pushed her through the group. The red-head hissed and the brunette smirked, while the boy with headphones was talking with the blonde.

Whoever they were, they were trouble.