5: Whispers Of The Eyes

{𝑴𝒚 𝑯𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝑺𝒆𝒍𝒇𝒊𝒔𝒉, 𝒊𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒔 𝒔𝒍𝒊𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒅 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒎𝒚 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒍 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏}

~

Khalid didn't want to engage in any crew-related activities, he tried all the apologies his mind could come up with but all of them fell on deaf ears. Ganesh Mishra was determined to celebrate his 'heroism' and make sure that everyone would know about it.

Giving up, he tagged along with the boss toward the Mystic Nightclub where they were warmly greeted by the staff. Having the best table ready for them, Mishra gestured to Khalid to accompany him on the same table in which he reluctantly did, stamping a smile on his face in the process.

Devak, on the other hand, watched the scene in front of him with vigorous attention as he chewed on a matchstick. Nobody had the privilege to sit with Mishra on a table before, not even him, he was the one who should be in that bastard's place at that moment.

He ground his teeth at the thought, that kid was climbing higher in the ranking and winning the trust of almost everyone with ease, why, and how? He had yet to find out.

Khalid slightly shifted on his seat when one of Mishra's friends patted him on the back, noticing the eyes of everyone glued on him. He could hardly blame them, though. For many of them, he was an outsider, someone who had appeared out of nowhere and started flinging them out of the way to win the place he was in at that time. But nobody could say that he didn't earn it, he practically did what nobody could do so far, not even the boss's right arm, Devak.

"Excuse me, sir," a waiter in a white suit cut Khalid's chain of thoughts as he spoke to Mishra with excessive politeness while serving him a glass of bubbly champagne, "we want to celebrate you, so we have a special surprise," he offered with a smile, "will you please allow us to introduce it to you?"

"We're not celebrating me, we're celebrating him," the boss corrected, putting a heavy hand over Khalid's shoulder, "do whatever you want, we want to have fun tonight," he finished with a chuckle.

Khalid could feel everyone's glare burning holes in his skull as the waiter served him a glass of the golden liquid, he attempted his best to keep his cool frontage under control until the night is over, slowly pushing the glass of the golden liquid aside along with the idea of escaping through the backdoor.

"Ladies and gentlemen," a man announced in a loud voice, "please put your hands together for our shiny pearl, our star, the stunning, the sensational, Jiya."

Cheers and applause went up as a woman in a glittery outfit stood under the spotlight of the club's small stage, raising a hand to greet her audience with an elegant wave.

"Yeah Jiya!" Khalid heard Devak hailing as he hooted and clapped with a huge grin on his face, that was when he finally looked up at the center of everyone's attention at that moment.