7: The Shadow Unleashed

{𝑲𝒆𝒆𝒑 𝑴𝒆 𝑨 𝑳𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝑩𝒊𝒕 𝑰𝒏 𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝑴𝒆𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒔}~

~

The cold wind of the night blew over Khalid's face as he watched the rippling waves of the sea under the dark sky, gray clouds covered half of the full moon as if they were hiding its light. Everything was restlessly quiet, even the sea waves sound got amplified while the whole surrounding was in a state of apprehensive, unstable stillness.

Following Jiya's information, Devak's gang was about to receive some sort of shipment at this abandoned place. Khalid's mission was to check the reliability of her story, identify the shipment, and destroy it. This will force Devak to take more extreme measures considering his trade, and by that, he might be able to confirm his involvement with the terrorists.

"A piece of cake," he told himself, it was nothing that he hasn't done before, these wimps were easy to eliminate, he only needed to stay focused.

The noise of approaching cars reached Khalid's hearing as he occupied a hiding spot not so far from where he expected the exchange to take place.

He watched a large food truck, accompanied by a small, white car approaching the open space by the piers where they parked and killed their engines. Four minutes later, a black SUV arrived.

Khalid frowned as he noticed the SUV occupants, they were not members of Devak's pack, they were a part of his partner's.

"Why would he send his comrade's thugs to receive his shipment?" he questioned, attempting his best to recognize them under the dim lights. Two of them carried weapons.

As the truck's door was unlocked, a couple of men hopped inside and started unloading several of what looked like boxes of canned beans, that was until one of the armed thugs uncovered a box and pulled a can out. Prying it open with a pocket knife, the thug pulled a small plastic bag out of it and emptied some of its content in his palm.

The bag contained bullets. The small, shiny ammo twinkled under the fading lights like little, deadly stars.

Obviously amused, the thug returned the bullets into the bag and back in the can, passing it to his comrade as the same two men who unloaded the boxes began the process to carry some of the boxes onto the white car.

Crouching in his hiding location like a tiger waiting to pounce on its prey, Khalid observed the scene before him with intense concentration, calculating every move and every expression, memorizing every word they uttered and every noise they made, readying himself for the attack as he pulled the black hood over his face.

The driver of the SUV, who was still inside, didn't see the booted foot until it was too late, he was busy singing along to a song on the radio. However, he couldn't finish it as his face smashed into the dashboard, turning the radio off.