14: A Silver Lining

{𝑳𝒆𝒕 𝑴𝒆 𝑮𝒆𝒕 𝑫𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒚𝒆𝒅, 𝑵𝒐𝒘 𝑳𝒆𝒕 𝑴𝒆 𝑮𝒆𝒕 𝑪𝒐𝒏𝒏𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝑾𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒀𝒐𝒖}~

~

[A/N] This chapter is dedicated to my amazing friends @rashmixkaa, @Vivek2596, @RupK01, @niksk4, and Tia on Twitter. your constant love and support for me and for this fanfic inspire me and urge me to become better, thank you for helping me choosing a ship name for our lovebirds! This chapter is for you, hope you will like it <3

********************

Khalid and Jiya decided to skip the night traffic jam and head for a walk instead. Insisting on taking her home after finishing her singing number, he savored the rich feeling of freedom as he paced along the quiet streets with her hand in his, purposefully unmindful about the dark shadows that had been following them since they put their first step out of the club. He would take care of that later.

After what happened at the safe house, none of them dared to bring the topic up again, but both of them realized that the events of that night had brought them closer. Khalid's trust in Jiya had a positive result on both of them in many ways.

"This is the first time I see someone ordering a cup of coffee in a nightclub," she giggled.

"Let's just say that I'm not a friend of Alcohol," he evenly replied.

"You're a weirdo," Jiya admitted, "but I like you," she added after a blink, laughing at his bemused expression.

He had to admit, she was a delight to be with.

Khalid could finally see the world through her eyes. It was bright and vibrant, he had never noticed how a simple thing could bring much joy to someone's heart, could it be a bubbling fountain, a colorful children swing, or a rich flower bush.

At that time, Khalid felt his real self, he couldn't stop the grin from spreading over his face.

"Look at you!" Jiya teased as she stared at him, "who are you? And what have you done to the real Ronnie?"

Khalid's smile faded. He wished he could tell her that there was no real or fake Ronnie, it was only him.

"Nothing," he shook his head, "it's just that you have that effect on me."

"I'm flattered," she cooed, feeling the heat rising in her cheeks. No matter how much compliments she would receive, none of them would be compared with a simple one from him. Every word he told her was sincere as if it was coming directly from his heart.

"God, I wish that I have met you earlier," she muttered, looking ahead, "things could've been much better."

"What are you doing here, Jiya?" Khalid found himself asking, "I mean... you don't look like someone who can be a part of Devak's life, you are the total opposite, why are you here?"