12- Rain

Her POV

I wake up, a coat on me. Namjoon working on the laptop across from me.

I fell asleep? Why.... Oh wait, yesterday was a restless night. I had gotten a work mail regarding a project I was supposed to fix and mail by tomorrow.

Shit

I wake up, forgetting about my foot, which painfully reminds me of its state. I cry out, nearly falling on the floor, but I feel him support me , helping me back up.

"Aish you're not supposed to move today, remember? Don't move that leg!"

"I need my laptop..." I say as I scoot back on the sofa

"Where is it?"

"Upstairs, on the nightstand in the bedroom... How long was I out?"

"About two hours? I'll go get it" he gets it in a flash and as he's handing it to me he asks

"Are you hungry? Should I make lunch?" He asks

"Oh my god I'm so sorry you have to do this, If only I wasn't so-"

"I'm gonna stop you right there and take that as a yes. Besides it only takes a couple of minutes. Do you mind music in the background?"

"Oh no no, go nuts" I say as I switch on the tv and open up Spotify. He logs in and puts on his playlist and I listen curiously, while working, rain pattering on the window.

He hums while he works, occasionally belting out lines passionately, making me smile. His songs are a mix of old songs and new songs, English and Korean, styles varying from rap to slow dance. As random as random gets.

Like me

He comes over with two bowls of steaming noodles, taking my laptop and giving me one of them.

I take it gratefully, the warmth from the bowl immediately comforting me.
Music playing in the background, rain outside, noodles in my hand, Kim Namjoon sitting across from me.

This is surreal. Life goes on in peculiar ways.

I smile to myself as I begin eating, trying to be as graceful as possible. Which as it turns out, is practically impossible when it comes to ramen.
I give up and slurp it up faster instead.

The sooner I get this over with the better.

"Dessert?" He asks, taking the empty bowl from me.

"You thought of dessert?"

"I think of everything" he winks. I huff and start

"I didn't think you'd be this cheesy. Who knew that Kim Namjoon, the eloquent leader of BTS, is low-key cringe"

"Ahh. I guess living with Jin hyung has made me like that. But I made you smile didn't I? That's all that matters" he grins

"If that was your mission,then mission accomplished. Cringe is refreshing, let me tell you that" I laugh

"So a yes or a no on that dessert?"

"A yes! Definitely!"

He brings me a thick slice of chocolate cake.

"Thought you would be craving this"

"You DID think of everything! Thank you!!!!" I grin as I take the plate

He winks again and gives me that smile.

I forget who I'm sitting with sometimes.
A man who's basically a stranger but also a familiar friend at the same time. It's such a peculiar feeling. I feel like I've known him for ages, but all I really know is the persona he puts out for the world to see. It's so comfortable with him.
It's surprising how fast I warmed up to him.
It takes me a couple of months to judge a person, at least a couple of weeks.

But this man... it's easy after only a couple of days.

It's nice.

I sigh as I take a bite of the cake.

My mind goes off in weird tangents sometimes.

"So, what are you working on?" He asks me

"I got a mail yesterday, to make some changes in one of the projects. It won't take that long, but it's kind of complicated and bound to get rejected so I'm fine"

"Get rejected? Why?"

"That's how it is. The first pass is never accepted. So I just make some miniscule changes to the first pass and send it back and it gets approved."

"That sounds really smart."

"It's really not.. But it's not something everyone does. I don't understand why. But then again, I seem to function on a different wavelength from other people."

"How long does it take for them to approve something you do?"

"A couple of tries and I'm done."

"What about other people?"

"Sometimes it takes ages, sometimes it never gets approved and I have to do it then" I sigh

"You seem to be really good at what you do."

"Apparently I am. That doesn't mean I enjoy it though" I chuckle

"Have you thought about what to do after this?"

"I told you, I came here for clarity. I'm considering various options as we speak"

"Have you considered the entertainment industry? Set building and stuff?"

"I have actually. I'm looking into as we speak. How do you know about all this though. Most people don't."

"A couple of books here and there" he shrugs

Music in the background,the discussion goes from buildings to music videos to costumes to song writing to producing, back to the rain that isn't stopping.

There's not a dull minute.

"I wish I could get drenched right about now" I sigh

"The monsoon is a beautiful season isn't it"

"Yup. It's one of my personal favourites. It's all green and beautiful everyday. The weather's perfect to curl up and read or just sleep."

He rises and offers his arm
"Let's go"

"What- Where?"

"Outside. It's raining right now, we could get drenched in a completely different country."

"If you put it like that,what am I supposed to say?"

He helps me up, offering his elbow like the gentleman that he is , as we move towards the French windows. He slides them open and we step out onto the small backyard, into the rain.

I look up, and take a deep breath, the rain calming me down, taking me back to simpler and happier times. I can't help but smile and look up at Namjoon , who was also looking up and smiling before looking down and giving me a grin.

Euphoria starts playing in the background and I can't help it as I start mouthing the words, moving my body as best I can, for I am no dancer.

I only dance when I'm alone. But this opportunity is too good to pass up.

He notices and lets me go saying "be careful" and I nod before starting to make up random moves in the rain, him joining me shortly after, both of awkwardly dancing and not caring one bit

We both point at each other and scream
"YOU ARE THE CAUSE OF MY EUPHORIA!!!"

.
.
.
.
.
Please vote and comment! It really makes my day when I see people reading and interacting with the book! I love each comment and insight y'all give...

-M