Chapter 23

Thankyou so much guys for giving so much love to this ff. Trust me writing this makes me so happy!
And specially your inline comments are love to read!

Happy Reading!

--------

After Dinner, In the Living Area

Niyonika: (laughing loudly) And you know Nandini, He used to run behind me all the time.

The whole family was sitting in the hall telling Nandini their childhood moments. Specially Manik's.

Manik groaned in frustration. He had his face hidden in his mother's lap and was laying on the couch.

He couldn't understand why was his family telling his baby moments to his wife? Hell! Why were they telling her how he used to roam around the house only in his diaper! Damn! This was so so so embarrassing! And more embarrassing was when Nandini had laughed loudly hearing all this.

He was blushing red and he knew it too. That's why he decided not to look at anyone.

Nandini: (still laughing) Oh God! I can't believe Manik used to be like this!

Raj: (remembering those days)True! I still remember the way he used to whin to get Niyo and my attention. He used to cry and throw his toys in anger.

Cabir: Such a crybaby you were bhai!

Manik: (still not looking up) Cabir, should I remind you what all you did in your childhood.

Cabir: Bhai!

Manik this time looked up and stared at him making him scare and whin loudly.

Niyonika: Haha and this proves Cabir still can't take Manik's glare

Cabir made a bad face while Manik smirked.

Nandini: Maa! Please tell more na!

Manik looked at her excitement and for the first time his embarrassing moments didn't look embarrassing anymore.

Mukti: (teasing) Bhabhi! You are so eager to hear about bhai na

Nandini blushed while this time Manik sat down beside Niyonika staring at her. Other laughed seeing her blushing.

Manik: Is it Nandini?

She blushed more and Niyonika slapped his shoulder.

Niyonika: Kyu tang karta hai tu use!
(Why are you troubling her!?

Manik: What did I do? I asked the same question which Mukti did! If Mukti does toh it is fine! You guys laugh but when it comes to me, you all are why are you troubling her!

Raj: Yes because Mukti is our princess!

Mukti smiled brightly running to him while he took her in a side hug lovingly.

Manik: (to himself) Sometimes I feel I am adopted one!

He stared at his mother who was admiring the father daughter duo. His brother who was rolling his eyes and his wife who was smiling admiring them or even remembering her family. For a second he felt bad for her. He knew this is a culture but still.

Even his little sister will get married to someone and leave their house. She will go to someone else house and live there like her own house. It didn't go well for his possessive brother inside his head. She will have to adjust like Nandini did. He was supportive and he knew not all are!

He was disturbed and others noticed it.

Niyonika: Kya hua, Manik?
(What happened, Manik?)

Manik: (fake smile) Nothing Maa! Just tired. I will go to my room.