𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕. BATTLE AT THE MINISTRY

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOURBATTLE AT THE MINISTRY

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
BATTLE AT THE MINISTRY

§ § §

The whole ride to the Ministry, Draco had his arms gripped so tight around my waist I thought I was going to stop breathing. Although, I understand why he was frightened. He couldn't see the Threstrals, so to him, it looking like we were floating over the city of London on thin air.

We finally landed, all of us too nervous to say anything. So Harry and I began leading the way through the Ministry to the Department of Mysteries, where we found the door we had been seeing all year.

We walked in and it was the room from my visions. The one with all the glowing glass orbs on the shelves. "Ninety-seven, right?" I asked Harry, who nodded.

Our wands were emitting the only bright lights from our Lumos spells as Harry and I searched for shelf 97. We arrived, but Sirius wasn't there. However, there was something else more interesting.

The rest of the group paused in the aisle, wands raised, as Harry and I slowly walked towards the shelf and I picked up the glass orb that seemed to be whispering to us. Professor Trelawney's voice was the one telling the prophecy.

"The two with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches.
And the Dark Lord shall mark them as his equals,
But they shall have powers the Dark Lord knows not.
She will join,
Because they both cannot be pure,
And both be alive.
And two cannot survive,
while the other one lives.
"

My heart was beating unnaturally quickly. I had heard part of the prophecy way back during our hearing, last time we were here.

However, we didn't have time to think it over now, because Hermione had called our names. We pushed through to the front of the group, wands raises, the prophecy still clutched tightly in my hand. Draco was diagonally behind me, Ron behind Harry and I, and Hermione on the other side of Harry.

Walking towards us was what I recognized as a Death Eater. He was wearing what they had been at the graveyard.

"Where's Sirius?" Harry asked.

"You know you ought to know the difference between dreams," The Death Eater pulled his wand from an awfully familiar walking stick. I heard Draco fidget behind me. "And reality," The man waved his wand, and his mask faded away, revealing the face of Lucius Malfoy. "You saw only what the Dark Lord wanted you to see."

Damn Hermione. She was right.

Lucius had spotted his son. "Draco. What are you doing with them? Get over here."

Draco hesitated before shaking his head. Lucius raised an eyebrow. "No? Never mind then, I'll deal with you later." I saw Draco's bottom lip shaking a bit, and he bit on it to stop. I glared at Lucius.

Lucius was now looking at me. "Now hand me the prophecy."

"You do anything to Draco or the rest of us and I'll brake it," I scowled.