Arc 1-5 : Face-Slapping the Film Emperor and Empress (Entertainment Circle)

“Great.” Han Zikui replied, clapping his hands twice in agreement.

The two looked at each other, the things in their eyes only understood by the other person.

Han Zikui felt that it was getting harder and harder to resist. When Zhou Xu raised his chin and narrowed his eyes, he even had the impulse to gobble him up.

The two ate in a high-end restaurant and they didn’t talk much. Fortunately, the two were like-minded. Communication between smart people was sometimes only a matter of a few words.

After dinner, Han Xikui sent Zhou Xu home. Zhou Xu didn’t say anything. In any case, Yuan Wu hadn’t come to accompany him today, so he felt happy and at ease.

Sitting relaxed in the passenger’s seat, Zhou Xu watched the lights rapidly disappearing behind the car. He asked, “Are you in a hurry?”

Han Zikui managed to respond, unable to resist the burst of joy in his heart. “No hurry.”

“Then drive slowly.”

“Yes, Your Majesty.”

Han Zikui slowed down. He really was not in a hurry, but he was just used to driving fast. Since Zhou Xu was willing to stay with him for a while, that was all he could wish for.

The night air was very fresh. The slightly dim street lights and the stars in the sky joined together with the crescent moon to emit a yellow light, illuminating the dark night. The atmosphere was good, and ambiguity spread in the car.

“Shall we do this again next time?” Han Zikui parked his car in front of Zhou Xu’s house.

“If you invite me and it happens to be something that I want to eat, then yes.”

“Then I can only hope that next time, my taste and yours will be same like today.”

Zhou Xu smiled faintly, and the usual gorgeous face was, at the moment, bright, fresh, and as breathtaking as the crescent moon. Han Zikui stopped breathing. He felt that the was going crazy, driven mad by Zhou Xu and they’d only known each other for a few weeks.

“I like to eat spicy food.” With that, Zhou Xu turned around and opened the door to return home.

Han Zikui looked at the door that was slowly closed in front of him. He leaned against the car door, bowed his head, and chuckled.

The film began shooting three months later. During the three months, Zhang Hanshu began to get a little famous due to the leadership of his agent Sun Yu. Zhou Xu did not pay any attention to that at all, because if the force was very low in the beginning, your status might rise because of your dedication, otherwise it would be very difficult to rise unless you had been popular for 30 or 40 years. Zhou Xu’s plan was that from the beginning, he would use a lot of momentum.

In fact, momentum was very important in the entertainment circle. No matter how much money you made or how good your character was, the movie class was higher than the TV class, and the TV class was higher than the entertainer class. That was the reality.

Actually, this phenomenon was not only in China, but also in different countries. This was a common phenomenon. 

It’s true that many people want to do a clean flow, but in this life, it was not enough to just drink water, and eventually these so-called “clean streams” flowed into the muddy river, and then into the ocean called “entertainment circle”.

Zhou Xu was the biggest villain in the film, so there weren’t a lot of scenes at the beginning, and he faces off with Zhang Hanshu in the last few scenes.