Chapter 13

The quick walk through the woods past by quickly in a blink of an eye, she stood before the lowered portcullis. In her dazed stare she did not hear Mags speak to her or feel when she was pulled across the courtyard. Quietly they walked up the stairs and was met with a dark empty corridor. Mags hurried her towards her chamber door and walked her in.

Brienna stood silent in the dark while Mags unhooked her cloak and folded it.

"Mistress are you alright?" She whispered staring into Brienna eyes.

Brienna was staring off to the distance in a daze. Shaking her slightly she grew concerned.

Shaking her again she was worried Brienna  had come down with some illness,  she looked into her eyes. Slowly she backed her towards the bed and sat her down gently.

Snapping her fingers she broke Brienna out of her trance.

With a relieving giggle, Mags cupped Brienna with a concern stare she asked again.

"Are you alright?"

With a breathless sigh her heart skipped a beat just remembering what happened.

"I am." She giggled nervously averting her eyes.

Slowly she leaned back hugging her knees to her chest.

Nodding Mags stood and folded the cloak and placed it in the trunk in the far corner.

Whispering good night she closed the door behind her.

Sitting there she touched her lips and closed her eyes.

Not able to sleep she replayed every detail in her mind. It was wrong what she did but it felt so right and it terrified her.

*******

Taking in the smirk on his face and the dreamy look he leaned against the nearby wall crossing his arms.

Chuckling Haroun looked at Gavin.

"So what you are telling me is you kissed and fondled a lass and did not catch her name?"

Irritated he eyed Haroun.

"Aye,dont remind me," he rubbed his throbbing forehead.

Shaking his head he chuckled more.

"I could not sleep the way I have her on my mind,"

Leaning back on the chair he closed his eyes remembering last night.

"So what are you planning to do"

Haroun questioned.

Breathing in he smiled to himself about the very thought of finding out who she was.

He gave a devilish smile.

"I am going to find her."

*******

She sat staring at her bowl. She could not get the images out of her head.

This is madness she thought. What she did was wrong.  She felt confused with her emotions. Still lost in her thought she never heard the men come down from above into the greathall.

Their conversation broke her free from her daze.

"Good morning, brat"  candidly Gavin tugged her long braid.

Walking towards the sides of the large table Haroun smiled at her with a slight chuckle and ruffled her hair. They both sat and continued their conversation in a low tone.

Brienna with watchful eyes observed them while they talked. Gavin's gorgeous smile was clear to her now. She saw his image in a new light. His sunny disposition worried her a bit. Her mind wondered back to that night recalling his touch and the heat from his closeness.

Breathing in and flustered she quickly looked up to see his face. He was breathtaking, a muscular Adonis. Long wet hair came down to his shoulders. Her heart skipped a beat with his laugh as he listened to something Haroun said.

Closing her eyes she quickly forced herself to focus on something else. She was only sixteen years old and it was wrong to think of him that way. She could not be thinking of such things. Feeling flustered with her self and her thoughts she silently stood from the table. Trying to make an unnoticeable exit proved difficult.

Quickly Gavin called her name.

Calmly collecting herself and trying not to falter she turned to face him with an innocent stare.

"You barely ate a thing are you well" he came so close that she could see his irises in eyes grow small as he focused on her.

With a nervous smile she plastered on her lips she stammered.

"I am m'lord, I am just not that hungry,"
Liar!

Gently he tilted her chin up to get a better look of her.

Her eyes gave off a certain unknown look he has never seen in her before.

"If something is amiss you know you can come to me?"

He assured her with  concerned glare.

Somehow she got lost in his stare that she barely heard a word he said.

Too much to bare she impatiently nodded her head before averting her eyes. Swiftly she walked off leaving him with a perplexed stare.

As fast as she could walk up the stairs to her chamber the quicker she can be out of sight, his sight. To avoid him would be difficult task but she must manage. Relief washed over her as she entered her chambers. Walking over to a small basin of water she quickly scooped the crystal clearness  into her hands and splashed her face. The coolness over her heated face calmed her. Clearing her foggy thoughts a bit, she held a dry cloth in her hands and gently patted her face dry.