Chapter Eight

Tom, I completed the blood test... but it revealed a lot more than I thought it would... and I have a few questions....

Why don't you show me the blood test and I'll answer those questions.

How do I "show" you the blood test?

Place it on the diary and chant "Ostende".

....

Tom?

Give me a moment.

To process or read?

Process...

....

Don't you dare call me 'my lord.' I've had enough of that from my honorary brothers and Peeves.

That would be a bit odd.

Wait, you got Peeves to follow you??

Yes. He calls me the 'golden snake.'

That suits you.

I suppose I do have a little bit of Gryffindor in me... but I'm mostly Slytherin.

That reminds me. What are you going to do about your re-sorting? I don't think you want Dumbledore to find out you're the heir.

Before I get a re-sort, I want to know exactly what blocks, compultions, and controlling potions there are, and get them removed. May I ask my questions now?

Yes, ask away.

First -- what the Merlin is a Horcrux?

...I can't tell you that, Harry. My maker has forbidden it.

You mean, your sixty-six-year-old self?

Yes.

Why?

...I can't tell you that either. I'm sorry.

How would I go about finding that information?

I'm fairly sure Dumbledore has hidden all the books about Horcruxes. I suggest you order them by owl. The Dark Library in Knockturn Alley probably has what you need: The Darkest Art.

That sounds ominus.

My second question is: how do I find out the blocks, compultions, and controlling potions, and how do I get them off me?

Gringotts. The goblins have special parchment that tells you that information and a ritual to cleanse it from you.

So... during the Christmas or summer holidays?

Christmas holidays. Depending on how strong/powerful your magic is and how much blocks/compulsions/controlling potions are there, the more time you take to get rid of them... you could die.

I'll ask Draco's father to take me to Gringotts during the winter holidays, then.

My last question is about how I became Lord and Heir of Slytherin. You're the Heir of Slytherin -- or more probably your older self. Since when did I defeat your older self?

...I can't tell you that, Harry.

Can you tell me how I can find that information out? I've never defeated anyone except...

....

Harry? Are you there?

Harry?