Valor Ceremony

[M/N][L/N] P.O.V

I hid behind Yuno slightly and looked around at everyone standing there. Julius held an aura of highest importantce as he walked and stood behind the podium. He began praising and critiquing each Magic Knight, starting with the redhead from the Crimson Lions. I ended up zoning out by staring at the intriqit interior of the palace and looking at the Magic Knights themselves occasionally.

"I hope you guys gets along with the littles. I'm going to leave early, I have some business to take care of but don't let that stop you from having fun"

Everyone turned to us but no one noticed me thankfully except Nozel. His piercing stare was staring straight at me with his calculating gaze yet I stood there tall, moving away from Yuno to stand next to him. I looked back at Nozel and saw the soft fond look he held to Noelle. How sweet of him. I laughed a bit.

Everyone ended up with their own little groups. Asta was too busy chowing down on delicious food to notice their stares. Mimosa joined eating with Asta. I was just smiling and talking with Yuno and Klaus until I heard the insults at Asta.

"Dirty slum rat...I bet he got lucky in that dungeon. I don't sense anything from him."

I glared at the man but he didn't take notice. I felt like fighting back but I kept my cool. Yuno put a hand on my shoulder to calm me down which worked. Asta was unbothered by it and continued eating. I relaxed despite the comments being thrown.

That boy with orange hair stepped up and said how he did better in the dungeon compared to the man insulting us. The man retaliated with more insults to us, calling Yuno a dirty slum rat too. Klaus tried to speak up but was insulted too. He then insulted Mimosa for being taken out in the beggining. I was getting a bit angry, someone was about to catch these hands. She tried to apologise but I put a hand on her shoulder and shook my head.

"No, no the worst of the bunch, is you, right Noelle?" Solid sneered.

Someone was definitely catching these hands now. The two people called Solid and Nebula from what Noelle muttered made fun of her for showing her face despite being disowned. Even Nozel insulted her but he had this look of worry in his eyes. He was scared she would get hurt.

"Did you think you were special because you succeeded once or did you come here to ruin the Silva name? Leave you loser"

I couldn't take someone insulting someone who felt like a sister to me any longer. I stood in front of Noelle as Asta took her wrist before she could run away. I growled lowly before speaking up.

"Is that how you treat your teammates? Is that how you treat your own family? " I asked angrily

A lot of people were shocked at my presence. Solid and the Golden Dawn guy tried to butt in but I was having none of it. My fists were trembling. I was really angry. Asta then took over by jumping on the table with an angry look too.

"There's no need for you to turn your back on these guys."

Asta tried to give a speech but he was cut off. The Golden Dawn member who insulted them was using his sand magic. I guess it's time we stood our ground. My grimoir opened as Asta cut through the sand. He yelled he would be the next Magic Emperor. I smirked as vines came out of the ground to nullify the incoming attacks from Nebula.

'Nature's Cry: Binding Vines'

Vines came out and restrained Solid and Nebula but the stupid sand man dodged. He used his sand to try and restrain Asta and I but he missed me. Agility is one thing I'm good at. However, Asta got caught. Solid got out of the vines and tried to attack me and Asta because we needed to be punished. I used my vines to block his attack while Asta took out his sword and fought back. This made Solid kneel and he was in utter disbelief.

Nozel stepped in and I could feel the aura all of a sudden. He wasn't a captain for nothing. He talked about how he would discipline us properly. This wasn't the man that danced with me the other day. I stood in front of Asta and glared him down. He didn't waver but there was a bit of hesitance.

"Punish me, we did nothing wrong"

Nozel's eyes softened for a brief moment before returning to that stone cold calculating glare. I tried to look scary but I don't think it worked as Solid looked amused. The captain of the Crimson Lions Squad stepped in.

"Don't you feel shame ganging up on two boys, household of Silva?"

This man also had a strong presence that rivaled Nozel's one. His was pure power while Nozel's was full dominance. I softened and looked back to Asta who nodded at me. He was fine. I walked over to him, refusing to look at Nozel. The orange haired man from earlier came up to Asta.

"Mimosa wasn't exaggerating, you're quite interesting! Rejoice, you both now rivals of Leopold Vermilion!"

Leopold yelled with an outstretched hand. I pointed at myself as if asking he meant me too. He agreed and told me to rejoice with Asta. I sighed as my vines went into the ground, releasing Nebula. She glared at me and I wanted to tremble but now was not the time to be shy. My attention was taken back to Nozel and the Crimson Lion Captain, Fuegoleon. I could see the mercury of an eagle and fire of a lion. The mana they released was insane but wasn't overwhelming at all. Klaus trembled, he could barely stand.

Suddenly, the doors flew open and a messenger came running in. There was trouble. The kingdom was under attack.

A/N:Thanks for reading!