Lolita

The next two Chapters are one night, and mostly focus on Ophelia and Lolita interacting. And a little bit more of Ophelia yelling at Tom, so I'm publishing three today.

It was the night before the Christmas break, Ophelia wore a red dress. Primrose wore a purple dress. They walked together to Slughorn's massive Christmas party. This time because of the sheer size.

Parents were coming because they were seventh years and this was their final Christmas Party. Primrose looked like she might explode.

"My parents are coming." She whispered, "The Halperts are coming."

Ophelia wrapped an arm around her shoulders reassuringly. "You have me and Mr and Mrs Marigold are practically ready to adopt you."

"Won't Lolita distract you?" Asked Primrose as they rounded a corner.

"She'll distract us both, Rosie darling." Said Ophelia, as they walked through the door. "She's a rather impressive, intimidating, confident, and just I don't know, she has a certain je ne sais quoi."

The great hall was lavishly decorated with a snow theme, it almost looked like a yule ball. It could be by the number of rich influential pure bloods in the immediate vicinity. Ophelia scanned the room and spotted her parents dancing in the middle of the crowd. They were very in love.

Cordelia and Nathaniel danced closely together, looking at each other like they had declared their love for one another for the first time. Ophelia nudged Primrose and the girl looked like her heart just melted.

"They just really love each other." Said Primrose before sparing a glance at her own parents, "Mother looks like she just smelt dung and father is no doubt complaining about the food before any is even in circulation."

"Oh, Rosie, you think so little of them." Said Ophelia, pulling her to the dance flour so they could casually bump into her parents, "Your father is probably complaining about the size of Hogwarts, didn't he go to durmstrang?"

Ophelia spun Primrose and they danced for a bit before the Marigold's finally tore their gazes from each other.

"Oh, there you both are, we've been looking everywhere for you two." Said Nathaniel as they exited the dance floor.

"Sure you have, dad." Said Ophelia as the family stood at the side of the dance floor. Primrose snickered.

"It's true, my darling, how have you been?" Asked Cordelia, "Both of you."

"Better." Answered Ophelia as her father gave her a hug.

"Where is he?" Asked her father under his breath, Ophelia rolled her eyes.

"Promise you won't hurt him." SHe said, pulling his wand from his pocket. He let her go and she held it out.

"Nate, don't hurt the boy, he's lost Lia that's possibly the worst thing to happen to him ever." Said Cordelia, taking her husbands wand from her daughter ad slipping it into the pocket of her dress. "For safe keeping."

"That's what I keep telling her." Said Primrose as her own parents called her over. "I need to go, they are giving me that look. I wonder what I've done this time." She left, dramatically waving and pretending to catch the kiss Ophelia blew to her as she turned.

"But seriously, darling where is he?" Asked Cordelia, "Nate my love, could you get us drinks?"

"Oh, suddenly I cannot look at him, I have a right to know who broke my little girl's heart." Said Nathaniel and Cordelia rolled her eyes.

"Not when you are going to threaten the boy." Said Cordelia.

"I will be back in a jiffy, darling, don't think I can't figure it out on my own." Said Nathaniel as he left his wife and daughter in pursuit of drinks.