Chapter 21

I woke from the deepest, most peaceful sleep I'd had for a long time. When I turned I noticed the bed empty.

"Eric?" I called out.

No response came.

I climbed out and looked around. The small apartment was empty. I called his name again but only silence responded.

I got up and washed quickly, concerned for where Eric was. As I was getting dressed, he returned and I sighed in relief.

"Oh, you're awake." He said quietly, his expression blank.

"Where have you been?" I asked.

His response was slow to come but he eventually replied. "To Abnegation..."

"What? Why??"

"They are always dealing with the factionless - they are the best people to get this antidote into circulation..."

I thought about what he was saying....he was right. If anyone could help it would be the people from Abnegation. But this was going to be seriously dangerous. Max had warned us not to follow this up - yet here we were.

"You're right" I said, finally. Eric looked almost relieved. "So how are we going to make this work, and more to the point - how are we going to get away with it?"

"I spoke to Marcus Eaton and Andrew Prior from Abnegation this morning before dawn...if we can get the antidote to them - they have agreed to distribute it"

"And do you trust them?"

"We haven't got much of a choice. Alarm bells will be ringing already without members of Dauntless sneaking around the factionless areas."

Eric was right, of course. This was going to be the only way to get the antidote into circulation without attracting too much attention. But there was no use in a cure if Jeanine and Frey were still going to be testing this serum....

They needed to stop it at the source while Abnegation were handing out the cures. And that was not going to be easy.

I'm sorry this is so short!! I wasn't going to write again after a few 'choice' comments but I've decided to! So this is just to get it back in swing and I''ll hopefully be writing more again. Thanks xxx