051

Recovery

Steady monitors rhythmically beep in the darkness, the boys asleep on each side of the detectives, not having left their side ever since they arrived.

Although Jin reassured them multiple times that the detectives would be okay, the boys refused to be away from them even for a split second, afraid that something might happen to them if they leave their side.

As he sleeps, Jungkook feels stirring on the bed, the movement waking him up. Frowning, the boy slowly lifts his head up, ears alert to the sounds around him. The room is dark but after spending most of his time there, Jungkook can easily make out the silhouettes even in the darkness. Rubbing his eyes, he makes a quick scan of the room, blinking a few times to make sure he is seeing right.

"N-noona?" Jungkook hesitantly calls out.

The girl lets out a heavy sigh and a small grunt as she slowly sits up, Jungkook immediately turning on a small light as he hands her a glass with water.

"Don't move." He says gently placing both hands on her shoulders to keep her in place. "I'll call Jin hyung."

"Okay." She says slightly nodding her head, eyes fixed on her hands resting on her lap.

As she waits, she turns to the side to look at him. He had it worse than her.

His eye is still a little swollen and purple, his leg lifted up so relieve pressure from his injured knee.

Looking at him at him in such a state, makes her throat tighten. In all her years knowing him, she's never seen him hurt so bad like that, the events making her heart ache as they come back to her mind.

"EunMin?" A gentle voice calls out bringing her out of her thoughts, Jin's kind smile making her feel better. "How are you feeling?"

"Good?" She answers though it sounds more like a question. "Um, how long was I out?"

Not expecting her question so quickly, Jin and Jungkook exchange a brief glance before he looks back at her again.

"You were out for a week." Jin says rubbing his ear, Jungkook looking down at his lap as the doctor answers.

"O-oh." EunMin says fidgeting with her fingers, not really knowing how to respond.

It's been a week?

"H-how is he doing?" She hesitantly asks. "Is he doing okay?" EunMin asks noticing the bruises and scratches that haven't healed up yet.

"Yes." Jin replies with a small smile. "I know how it looks but it's nothing to worry about it. The damage to his body was extensive so his body is taking care of the internal damage first. It's going to take him a while to wake up."

EunMin nods her head and lets out a shaky breath she didn't know she was holding.

"What about noona?" Jungkook asks, her eyes snapping towards him for a brief second before they shift to Jin.

He had asked the doctor before but Jin had refused to answer him, saying that it was best to wait a while to make sure of the results.

"Nothing changed." Jin says handing EunMin the papers so she can see for herself. "You were quick to react so there were no changes, the pill worked EunMin." He says giving her a smile.