Chapter 19

Hermione was excited to tell Ginny about the townhome that she and Draco had found earlier in the week, and she had set up to have lunch with her on her break that Friday. She hadn't been staying at work until all hours of the night anymore, and she was happier when she was there. Her nightmares hadn't come back, and she finally felt as though she had moved on since the war. 

"Ginny!" Hermione waved her friend over to where she was sitting, and Ginny sat down. 

"Hey Hermione, how are you?"

"I'm great. How are you feeling?"

"Everything has been going well. The morning sickness is starting to die down, but some days are still hell."

"Well, how is today going?"

"Today is one of the good days thankfully," Ginny picked up the menu and started reading it, trying to find something that wouldn't upset her sensitive stomach. 

"Gin," Hermione was suddenly nervous about telling Ginny that she had found somewhere. 

"What's up, Hermione?" She didn't bother to look at her as she was starting to realize that she was starving.

"Draco and I found somewhere to live," She whispered so that no one nearby would hear.

Ginny lowered the menu and looked shocked, "I thought you were going to wait?"

"We are. We can't even move in until February."

"Oh," Ginny thought about it. That would be fine, she supposed. Plus, Hermione looked so happy. And Harry had told her that she was finally leaving work at a normal time and looking as if she was sleeping. Maybe Malfoy was doing some good for her. 

"Do you think this is all crazy?"

"Of course not Hermione, I can tell you are happy, and you know that is all I want." 

"Ginny, you have no idea how much your support means to me." 

"What are you going to do about everyone else?"

"I was trying to figure that out. I want to wait a few more weeks. I don't think they are ready yet, and I would rather wait for a little bit then mess everything up. Though I think I am going to talk to George about everything after this."

"What about?"

"I want to bring Draco the wedding, but I would never if he didn't want me to. I think I owe it to him to ask and make sure he is alright with that."

"That is thoughtful of you, Hermione." Ginny felt tears in her eyes. She damned this pregnancy for making her so hormonal and dried her eyes. 

"Gin, if you don't want him there, you can tell me. I will understand."

"Hermione, it isn't my wedding. I will be fine with it if George is fine with it."

"Thank you," 

They dropped the Draco subject and ate and talked about lighter, happier topics. A lot of it revolved around the upcoming child that was going to be born, and Hermione could tell already how wonderful a mother that Ginny was going to be. Her eyes lit up when she talked about her child, and she wondered if she would look like that when she had children one day.

"Goodbye, Gin, have a nice rest of the day," Hermione hugged her friend outside of the restaurant. Her eyes caught George's shop, and she felt her stomach drop slightly."

"Goodbye, Hermione," 

Hermione walked into George's shop and looked around for a bit, trying to think about bringing the whole topic up with him in the first place. 

"Hermione?" George walked up to her and pulled her into a hug. 

"Hello, how are you?"

"I am doing better every day. Angelina is helping me a lot with that."

"That is wonderful, George. I am so glad."

"Were you in the market for something?" George raised his eyebrow at Hermione. She had never really approved of most of the things that he sold. 

"Actually, I was here to see you," 

"Really, was it about something specific?" George was trying to figure out how to tell her how she better not show up to his wedding without a date but didn't know exactly to go about that. 

"It was about the wedding," 

"Really, I was going to tell you about the wedding the next time I saw you. This is crazy."

"Oh, go ahead. You can start," Hermione said with a smile.

"I want you to come on a date. I don't want you and Ron to be there all alone, feeling bad about the entire situation. That is going really bring a downer to the whole night." 

Hermione was caught off guard with what he was saying and figured that this was a perfect transition. "Actually, I was coming to ask you if I could bring someone. I wasn't sure that you would approve, and I wanted to make sure that it was alright."

"Who is it?"

"Um...Draco," Hermione whispered. She was terrified that George was going to hate her. 

George broke out into laughter, "I did not see that coming," 

"George? If it isn't okay with you, I won't bring him." 

"Hermione, why are you bringing Malfoy?"

"Well, we met in Muggle London, and I ... well, we are dating," 

"Dating?"

"He has changed so much, George. You know I would never give him the time of day if he hadn't,"

"Who else knows about the two of you?"

"Ginny, and that is it,"

"Hermione, when did you start dating?"

"Last week. I ran into him at the cafe, and we just talked for a while and then after Ginny's announcement when Ron and I were talking, and we just agreed that we weren't good for one another anymore. I just...well, we spent a lot of time together after that."

"Is he making you happy?"

"Yes very," 

"He can come, Hermione,"

"George," 

"I mean it, Hermione. I want you to be happy. I want my brother to be happy. I want to be happy. I don't have a problem with it."

Hermione hugged George and let out a breath that she had been holding in. She was so excited. Now she just had to convince Draco to come with her to a Weasley wedding. 

"Hermione," George called out after her as she left.

"Yes?"

"Have him get Angelina and me something expensive for our gift," George winked at her, and she laughed and nodded at him.