Settling In

Bruce's P.O.V.:

"It wasn't a no."

I watched as my daughter jumped into the back seat. A daughter. I have always wanted one, but I would have never thought that she would be the grand-daughter of the infamous Ra'as Al Ghul. I look to my left and my rearview mirror to see that neither of them had put on their seatbelt.

"Seatbelt. On," I said glaring at them. The girl complied, as for the boy, we have somethings to work on. 

"I don't need a seatbelt," he says while propping his arm against the window and leaning his chin onto his hand.

"And I don't have time for this," the girl sighed while unbuckling herself and forcefully buckling her brother. "There. See, it wasn't that hard," She teased while buckling in herself.

"Whatever," the boy mumbled.

What an interesting pair.

As soon as the girl buckled herself in, I hit the acceleration, sending the two flying back into their seats. 

Five minutes into the drive, and I have already informed Alfred about our guests. The two of them have just been staring out the window, watching the colors pass by. That was when I realized, I have no idea what their names are.

"What are your names?" I asked glancing at them.

"You don't know our names?" The boy asked.

"Relax brother. He didn't even know we existed until today. It's not a surprise." The girl said. The boy then looked down in shame, knowing that he had lost that argument. "My name is Demetria and he, "pointing to her brother, " is Damian."

"How old are you guys?" I asked while taking a sharp right turn, throwing the twins to the left.

"Ten. I should've driven. It's obvious that you don't know how to," Damian says, rubbing the side of his head.

"Hmm."

"Hmm?" said Demetria.

"Hmm."

"Okay," she chuckled.

After a long drive, we finally arrived at the Batcave. I parked the car and jumped out of the vehicle with the kids in pursuit. 

"Welcome back, sir. I presume these are the young children of whom you spoke?" Alfred said, walking up to us.

"Hello, Pennyworth." They said in unison. 

"I've heard of you," Damian said. Next to me, Demetria sighed and smacked her forehead. "So much for a good first impression," she whispered to herself. I don't understand what's wrong, he didn't do anything wrong. 

"At your service, Master Damian, Master Demetria." 

Damian looked around, "Where are the rest of the servants?" oh.

"I am the sum total."

"You only have one servant?" Damian said to me. Demetria also looked around, but she did it more discreetly.

"He's not a servant. He's a friend." Damian began walking around the cave, skimming over his surroundings.

"So this is the fabled Batcave. Grandfather told us all about it." He then walked over the Batcomputer's chair and sat down, swerving the chair towards us. "Smaller than I imagined," he says while looking at me.

"Very efficient though," Demetria said while still standing next to me, looking around the cave in that one spot. 

"May I look around, father?" she asks me. I stayed quiet for a while, stunned at how different the twins are. I then nodded my head in approval and she nodded back. She walked around, looking at all of the equipment and displays.