1

Nicholas

"Ooooohhh take me harder Ed!" My mother screams.

"Ah, I think I'm gonna be sick." I groan as the headboard pounding against the wall in the other room echoes louder each round they seem to have.

I pull a black shirt over my head along with my sweatshirt to brace myself for October's icy air. I wasn't sure where I was going to go, but I wasn't going to stay here.

I walk over and lock my door, then make my way to the window before climbing out and down the oak tree.

"Hi, Nicholas!" I hear a small voice behind me as I jump to the ground.

I spin on my heel and look down at Logan.

"Hey, Logan." I walk up to him and mess his hair up getting laughs in return. I've known him ever since he was 6. Long story short I came outside and stepped on his lego building and broke it. I apologized and saved up as much money as I could to buy him a better set than the one I broke. Ever since then he's clung onto me like fucking glue. It gets annoying but I can't seem to get rid of him.

"Nicholas stop it!" He laughs and I stop with a soft smile to my face.

Logan was like a brother to me. He was my neighbor and he was always so talkative. But his mother never trusted me enough with him. She even told me that it wasn't that she didn't trust me. It was that she didn't trust my mother and father.

Logically, I understand why she'd put two and two together since I was the son of the alcoholic sex addict of the town. And not to mention I'm not the best role model either.

"Wanna see my soccer tricks?" He says giving me a toothy grin.

"Is your mom home?" I question and glance at his front lawn warily.

"No mommy said she needed more Cozaar. Whatever that means. So, Nicky, can you play with me? Please please please?" He begs hopping on his toes.

"Alright, Bud go get your Soccer ball," I say and he runs off towards his garage.

When he brings back a grass-stained ball he tries to bounce it off his head a few times. I act impressed and clap when he bows at the end.

We get into a small routine of kicking the ball back and forth and before I realize Logan's mom is pulling into their driveway. Luckily, I get a call at the same time too.

Before answering the call I wave to Logan who waves back in return with a smile that shows his missing front tooth. I wave at his mother and only get a scowl in return.

I frown when I see the caller ID but answer politely nevertheless.

"Hey Brodie, what's up?" I answer.

"Sure be over in an hour," I tell my jackass friend.

~~
Ok, I won't be doing a lot of notes at the end of chapters, but since it's the first chapter, I am.
The first chapter is short, but the rest will be longer!
Thanks for reading :)

-Lauren

Oh and please vote :')