THIRTY FIVE

Tu Jo Nigaahein Phair Le
Mujhse,
Mera Qissa Tamaam Ho Jaaye......

THIRD PERSON'S POV

As soon as those words left her mouth, Noor embraced her tightly showcasing her pearly whites, her puffy cheeks more prominent, placing sloppy kisses on Maria happily.

"My mama."

One word. Countless emotions.

Her whole world changed with that one word. A new set of emotions ran inside her when Noor called her 'mama' and the feeling was out of the world. It was like someone gave her new life, a beautiful one. A lone tear leaked out of her eye in happiness.

"Mama."

Her eyes shined with happiness as if she found treasure for which she was yearning for years, since childhood. Even when she was surrounded by a big family and a loving father, there always was a void in her heart which was now filled.

A mother's affection couldn't never be replaced by anything in the whole world. It was priceless.

"Yes, your mama."

Matching Noor's enthusiasm she smiled kissing her nose, inhaling her baby scent feeling calm. Her heart  felt peace in her presence. Her daughter's presence. If she got any good marrying Mustafa then it was Noor and now she would do anything for her happiness. She had been deprived of a mother's love since birth but now she won't. She had her mother and she would get her all her love. She would no more crave for a mother's affection.

"You will love me. Haina ?"

She was expectantly looking at her mother with her big charcoal orbs, sucking her little thumb, while the other one was placed her mother's cheek, making her resemble like a cute little bunny. Her innocent, yet powerful question shaked her to the core but it didn't faltered the answer she was about to give Noor. Her daughter. Her child.

"I will."

Kissing her forehead Maria answered with finality to which the little girl in her lap clapped loudly, grinning at her mother.

"Aul mere baba ?"

Her smile faltered as soon as she heard his name but she managed to put on a fake smile for the sake of her daughter.

"What about him baby ?"

She knew what Noor was asking but couldn't stop herself from questioning her. Did he really wanted love and that too from the girl whom he only considered as a responsibility ? The same girl whom he rejected four years ago marrying Asmara whom he liked very much.

Maybe he wanted love but not her's. She was not the one he yearned for. She was never 'the one', it was always Asmara and will forever remain so. She would never try to take the place which never belonged to her. Yes, they might be married but that didn't mean she would forget everything and move on.

He only married her to make her more vulnerable, to lure her in his trap when his beloved wife was no more. She was just an easy option for him, nothing else or maybe his ego was hurt when she rejected him and now he wanted to take revenge on her.

MARIA MUSTAFA AHWAAN'S POV

What rubbish are you thinking, Maria ? How can you think so low of him ? He is the same man who saved your life when you were caught in a freaking fire. He was the one who wiped your tears, when your parents died. He was the one who comforted you, when you woke up to nightmares and lulled you to sleep, while he himself had sleepless nights because of you. He was the one who used to celebrate your happiness, whether it was about you getting good grades or you winning some trophy. He was the one who fulfilled your every wish no matter what it was, no matter what time it was. Your every wish was his command.