10

Alice

The next day I was dreading going to Calculus.

Mainly because of Nick but also because I didn't know where to sit. Sounds stupid but anxiety does that to a person.

I walked in and looked for an open seat and sighed with relief as I saw one in the front.

My legs were shaking as I walked past Nick.

I hated sitting in the front of a class, but it was better than sitting by the beast.

I sat down and smiled at the boy next to me. He smiled back but said nothing.

After a few seconds into class, the teacher told us to take out our homework from yesterday so I did. I looked all over my bag and in every pocket for a pencil but I couldn't find one. Then I remembered that it's still on my desk at home.

I tap the guy's shoulder next to me.

He looks over confused and I politely ask for a pencil.

Apparently, I said it so quietly he raises an eyebrow and says quite loudly might I add,

"What?"

I feel my cheeks redden in embarrassment and feel eyes on me. But most certainly a pair of cold eyes from the back of the class.

"May I-I please borrow a pencil?" I ask timidly and scold my self when I stutter. I need to work on that.

"Oh sure." He says and reaches into his bag handing me a sharp pencil.

I thank him and begin my notes.

After a few seconds, the feeling of being watched doesn't leave.

Slowly I turn my head around and catch those cold eyes sending a shiver down my spine. He glares at me.

~~

The bell rings and I stand up. Not even a few seconds pass when I feel his presence behind me. Too closely may I add.

I hand the pencil to the boy next to me. But his eyes didn't meet mine. Rather something behind me.

"Thanks for let-" I start but get interrupted.

"Leave." I hear a voice growl next to me.

I turn around thinking it was directed at me but freeze when I see pencil boy practically sprint out of the room.

I look around trying not to meet his eyes knowing they were glued on me and only me. As they have been this whole time during class.

I lift my backpack onto my shoulders saying nothing.

"Why didn't you come to me yesterday." He demands and only then do I meet his angry blue eyes.

"What do you mean?" I ask innocently.

"To drive you home." He scowls.

"Brodie drove me home."

"Bullshit." He slams his fist onto the desk next to me and I jump.

He sighs and runs a hand through his hair drawing my attention to that.

"You should have found me. I would've driven you home." He managed to say much calmer.

Gold star for you Nick.

He looks down at me annoyed and I take that time to smile up at him.

"Look, Nick. Maybe don't be such a..." say the A' word Ally it will make you look cool!

"A butthole and I would've found you," I say proud of myself for standing up to him. I've never done that before but I love that adrenaline rush! And besides, I have a feeling he wouldn't hurt me. Only with words and I can take that for the most part.