14

Alice

"Ouch son of a b-" I hear a muffled voice.

My eyes slowly open and I feel a sharp pain in my skull.

"What's going on?" I say groggily sitting up in my bed. I look around and see Tracy stumbling around trying to get her heels on.

"Oh hey look whose up." Tracy smiles.

I look on my bedroom floor and gasp. Candy wrappers are littered everywhere empty cans clothes and makeup. My eyes trail across the room realizing something's missing. "Where's Gen?"

Tracy smiles smugly and points under me.

I look down and see the huge Ada Lovelace skirt half out from under the bed.

"Come on Gen I'll give you a ride home if you get out." Tracy laughs, getting a groan in return from under the bed. Tracy starts to pick up some trash on the ground.

"Oh, Tracy you don't have to. It's my room
I can get to it." I tell her and begin to pick up the scattered litter.

"Nonsense." She sings tossing them into my trash bin. We look down at Gen when we're finished throwing things away. She still hasn't moved out from under the bed.

"She alive down there?" I ask softly.

Tracy stares for a few seconds before kicking Gens exposed leg. We hear another groan. She still doesn't move.

"Alright grab an ankle," Tracy says and we bend down and pull Gen out.

"What happened." Gen groans loudly rubbing her head.

"Looks like someone doesn't drink alcohol." Tracy refers to Gen.

"I don't either there's nothing wrong with that," I say to Tracy and get down to Gens level feeling her forehead.

"You okay?" I ask worriedly.

"No!" She says and I gasp. She's sick!

"I kissed Nelson last night!" Gen yells annoyed and falls into her back.

My mouth drops open but Tracy just shrugs like it's normal. "So?" She questions earning a glare from Gen.

"So, I probably just ruined our friendship!" Gen says sadly.

"Look, Gen, I need to get home do you want that ride or not?" Tracy dismisses Gen's problem and starts to look for her purse.

I roll my eyes and look at Gen. "look, you were drunk and so was Nelson. I'm sure he'll understand if you just explain it to him tomorrow." I say and can't help but feel bad for Nelson. "And maybe kissing him wasn't a bad thing. He's a nice guy."

"I guess. My head hurts I can't think straight." She says and we all nod in agreement.

Tracy looks up and smiles. "There my bra!" She claps before reaching up and taking it off my ceiling light.

"What the hell happened last night?" I sigh remembering nothing.

"Too much of that orange liquor that's what." Tracy shakes her head.

I think back to what I drank remembering the buzz. "I thought that was Fanta." I frown and hear a laugh from Tracy.

"Aw Ally you're so stupid it's cute." Tracy smiles and I hear a laugh from Gen.

"Ok, I need to get to church before my mother loses her mind. Gen ride now or never." Tracy says with a salute and walks out of my bedroom door.

"This demon goes to church?" Gen asks shocked.